PDA

View Full Version : Newsletter 2/1

chrisb26
02-02-2008, 12:21 AM
Live and direct from the Main Street Magic Shop, it's the Master of Illusion, the Prince of Prestidigitation, the Sleight of Hand Sultan, ladies and gentlemen – Yavn!

Hello! Hello! Greetings fellow gamers! Enjoying the new additions that recently appeared in the Kingdom? That's just the start of a magic! There's lots of exciting stuff happening so let's get to it!

He's a Magic Man!

First up, I hope you've had a chance to experience the magic we conjured up on Main Street.

The Main Street Magic Shop and Magic Shop Checkers are a huge hit and I'm really pleased to see everyone in the Kingdom enjoying them.

I told you we had some pretty incredible tricks up our sleeve and what's even better is we've got plenty more where they came from. Including the release of some Magic at the end of the month that will be out of this world! But hey, I'm getting ahead of myself...

Check out Checkers

Checkers? Check! Magic? Check! Playing a lot of checkers are ya? You wouldn't believe the amount of work that goes into making a game or bringing a new shop into the Kingdom. And it's because of all that hard work and our team here at VMK Central, the Magic Shop finally appeared.

If you checking out Checkers, don't forget to take the time to stock up on Checkers Magic Tricks in the Magic Shop before you play. A Checkers Magic Trick can turn the tables on your opponent and make the difference between a win and a loss. And speaking of tricks, don't be surprised, or upset, when somebody uses a Checkers Magic trick, the game is called Magic Shop Checkers after all.

"Yavn can you make some of these people in line in front of me disappear?" I'm working on that – I mean improving the wait times; I'm not going to make anyone vanish (unless you break the VMK rules and then you might just disappear from the Kingdom). For the time being, please be respectful to other players if there is a wait, and you've already won a few games, give others a chance to play. But again, we're working to improve the wait times.

While I'm on the subject, please, please, please – when you're playing checkers, treat other players as you would like to be treated. Don't ask players that are in the middle of a game to trade and don't harass players when they're waiting to play or in a game. Remember harassment in general is against the VMK Values and can get you removed from the game.

And don't forget to take a break from building your Checkers rank and explore the rest of the magic.

More Magic Up Yavn's Sleeve

So you probably noticed, due to the incredible popularity of Magic month, we're extended the Magic theme into February! That's right – we've got lots more tricks and magic items up our sleeves – like that magic I hinted to above. That is unless you don't want more magic? I can just put these back in – wha? Oh. That's what I thought. I mean, who doesn't want more magic? That and more February surprises are going to materialize.

But Wait There's More!

Alright just cause I roll like that, we've got plenty more to keep you busy when you're taking a break from Magic Shop Checkers:

- This Super Bowl weekend be sure to check out the VMK Tailgate Party. Not only will you get a chance to party with your VMK pals but our HOST will be out making the rounds to see who has the most spirit and randomly giving out cool football-themed prizes! Plus, everyone who logs in on Super Bowl Sunday will get this fancy, one-in-a-lifetime, one day only pin:

- Also be sure to check out the new VMK Disney DVD Quests featuring Hanna Montana and Twitches Too. These two new Quests celebrate the release of the Disney DVD's and you can win these cool exclusive VMK virtual pins when you play – just by completing the Quests. These Quests won't be around long, so be sure to play them soon!

Get the Hannah Montana Gold Microphone Pin when you complete the Hanna Montana One in a Million Quest.

- Noticed the changes in the VMK Gallery? Well then get over there and check them out! We're showcasing some unreleased furniture (I know, that Sky Car is very sweet) and conceptual art.

The VMK Mysteries

Finally, in the spirit of magic, I thought I'd wrap up this edition and talk about a few mysteries surrounding VMK:

First, whatever happened to our trivia section? Me, I've been scratching my head about this for the longest time. Well, I've finally cracked that mystery .

Seems our resident Trivia expert decided to take to the public speaking circuit, which doesn't surprise me considering how chatty he was – at any rate we've found another Trivia expert who'll be taking over starting Monday, February 4. And boy, does she know her trivia, heck, there's not much she doesn't know. Can you guess who she is?

Second, a few of you have spotted a mysterious fellow in a black cap in our calendar images (see if you can spot him in this month's image). Who is this stranger? Well, it's none other than oops, almost spilled the beans. Well, let's just say that in the future you'll get a chance to meet some of the amazing artists who make the awesome stuff you see in VMK.

Finally, thanks to everyone who participated in the Gingerbread Competition, and I do mean EVERYONE! Yes, I know, we had a little confusion with the prize descriptions – I want to personally apologize for that. Let me just say that's the last time I let the Yeti handle the prizes for any competition.

Alright then, we solved a few mysteries, announced new Quests, an awesome month ahead and did it all before my next game of Magic Shop Checkers! Now that's what I call magic!

See you in the Kingdom!
-Yavn

WDWfanatic742
02-02-2008, 12:33 AM
Alright just cause I roll like that...

Is that the final nail in the coffin that there is no way that Yavn would have wrote that?

chrisb26
02-02-2008, 12:43 AM
Is that the final nail in the coffin that there is no way that Yavn would have wrote that?

Actually this more proved it...

the Prince of Prestidigitation,

We all know Yavn isn't the best at grammar yet he spelled prestidigitation correctly ;)

As for the newsletter nothing real exciting coming from it. I was happy to hear they would have a new trivia section I miss Push. I'm also hoping for some great new magic this month as well!

PinkJJ
02-03-2008, 02:21 AM
we've found another Trivia expert who'll be taking over starting Monday, February 4. And boy, does she know her trivia, heck, there's not much she doesn't know. Can you guess who she is?

Oh! I know! I know this one! (Pink raises her hand in a true Hermione Granger fashion) It's Patti! Right? :thumbsup:

Tiggerdog
02-03-2008, 11:57 AM
Oh! I know! I know this one! (Pink raises her hand in a true Hermione Granger fashion) It's Patti! Right? :thumbsup:

:funny:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
02-03-2008, 10:51 PM
We all know Yavn isn't the best at grammar yet he spelled prestidigitation correctly ;)

However, I noticed that he kept mispelling Hannah Montana's name.. where's the "H" in "Hanna"? :P

Patricia
02-04-2008, 02:25 PM

Pink!! Don't give away my secrets. ;)

jjramsey
02-06-2008, 08:42 PM
He did hint about more magic being released this month.

The other night on the teleporter event, I noticed that Phinny was wearing a full use treasure detector magic. Now, for a few of you, you know that full use treasure detector has been my 'dream' magic that I have been waiting for...now...maybe...hopefully...when I wake up it won't be a dream!!!! :cloud9: I did ask Phinny if they were planning on releasing it sometime (I know they can't answer some direct questions, no I did not ask when). I asked how long to recharge and she said one hour. She did not like how long it took to recharge. Hey! I will 'try' not to get upset about that if I get one :blush:

Hmmm one 5 star or 5 single star...wonder which is better?