PDA

View Full Version : The 4400 Canceled!!

DisneyTwirler13!
02-01-2008, 10:24 PM
Can you believe it?!?! :jaw:
There was no warning, or none that I'd heard of!
Currently, there are groups trying to ressurect the show by sending the head of SciFi and USA Network, Bonnie Hammer, petitions and sunflower seeds from Giant Seeds. Sunflower seeds are the favorite food of one of the characters on the show, Kevin Burkhoff (played by Garret Dillahunt), and Giant Seeds is based in Minnesota, where Joel Gretsch, who plays one of the main characters Tom Baldwin, is from.
I, personally, really, really, REALLY liked this show, and looked forward to it every year! If they stop it now, how will we ever find out what happens to...
:spoiler:
Seattle, now that it's been proclaimed Promise City? Will Jordan give it up when the time comes? How will the relationship between Tom and Kyle change now that Tom's sister Susan and her son Danny are dead? How will that affect Shawn? Will Shawn win his spot on the city council? What about Gabriel Hewitt? Will he fulfill Maia's prediction? Will Jordan Collier become "Marked", and try to end the movement? What about Diana and Ben? Will they ever get back together? What will happen to those of the NTAC agents that have abilities, like Marco, Meghan, and Jed? And will Tom take the shot?
The seasons always end in cliffhangers, so they at least need to make a 5th season that wraps everything up!
Opinons?

chrisb26
02-01-2008, 10:50 PM
WHAT!??

This can't be this really makes me mad :mad: The 4400 was one of my favorite shows I always looked forward to watching it in the summer. I can't believe they would leave the show like that. Hopefully they will be able to convince them to bring it back if not I would be very upset. :(

rcaide
02-01-2008, 11:15 PM
I just found out today too. I love this show! I sent an e-mail and signed the online petition. I hope someone at the network is listening.

NotaGeek
02-01-2008, 11:52 PM
Can you believe it?!?! :jaw:
There was no warning, or none that I'd heard of!
Currently, there are groups trying to ressurect the show by sending the head of SciFi and USA Network, Bonnie Hammer, petitions and sunflower seeds from Giant Seeds. Sunflower seeds are the favorite food of one of the characters on the show, Kevin Burkhoff (played by Garret Dillahunt), and Giant Seeds is based in Minnesota, where Joel Gretsch, who plays one of the main characters Tom Baldwin, is from.
I, personally, really, really, REALLY liked this show, and looked forward to it every year! If they stop it now, how will we ever find out what happens to...
:spoiler:
Seattle, now that it's been proclaimed Promise City? Will Jordan give it up when the time comes? How will the relationship between Tom and Kyle change now that Tom's sister Susan and her son Danny are dead? How will that affect Shawn? Will Shawn win his spot on the city council? What about Gabriel Hewitt? Will he fulfill Maia's prediction? Will Jordan Collier become "Marked", and try to end the movement? What about Diana and Ben? Will they ever get back together? What will happen to those of the NTAC agents that have abilities, like Marco, Meghan, and Jed? And will Tom take the shot?
The seasons always end in cliffhangers, so they at least need to make a 5th season that wraps everything up!
Opinons?

These aren't spoilers, since they already happened so you are safe to post.

It really makes me sad that this show was canceled. I have been addicted since this was just a mini series. :sadwave:

DisneyTwirler13!
02-02-2008, 08:08 PM
Thanks for the heads-up!

Does anybody know why it was cancelled?

NotaGeek
02-02-2008, 10:40 PM
I just found this on tv.com, I hope that fans all ban together to save The 4400 ... and evidently The Dead Zone needs help too!

USA canceling sci-fi double dose; post by 4400 creator says "at least we got to go out with a bang."

Yesterday brought good news for a pair of USA Network shows. NBC announced that Monk and Psych would make the jump from basic cable to prime-time broadcast television in March, as the network repurposes shows from NBC-owned USA.

Unfortunately, yesterday also brought news for two USA shows that falls way on the other side of the "good/bad" spectrum. It all began with a post on the USA message boards by a user named "SPeters," who claimed to be Scott Peters, creator and executive producer of The 4400. In his post he made the sullen announcement that The 4400 has been canceled, and thanked all the show's fans and crew.

"I just spoke to [star] Joel [Gretsch] and we had a great talk about what we all accomplished and how much we'll miss our family that is our crew and our cast... and our fans," reads the post. "But at least we got to go out with a bang! I had an awesome time directing the last episode. I think I got to make almost every single cast member cry (on camera). How much fun was that?!"

One may balk at the validity of the post, and the fact that the username was created only yesterday and has a history of just that one post probably leads most 4400 fans to believe someone is just pulling their collective leg.

Unfortunately, not only does it look the cancelation is true, but it appears The 4400 isn't alone. TV Guide's Michael Ausiello is reporting that USA is canceling both The 4400 and The Dead Zone. Both sci-fi shows anchored USA's Sunday nights and last aired new episodes in September.

The 4400, about a group of alien abductees who return to Earth, finished its fourth season and developed a loyal fan base. The Dead Zone, based loosely on the Stephen King novel of the same name and starring Anthony Michael Hall, leaves us after six seasons.

The USA Network has not made an official announcement on either show. Requests for comment from parent company NBC Universal were not returned as of press time.

[UPDATE] A USA representative has confirmed to TV.com that both shows are not being renewed.

NotaGeek
02-07-2008, 01:59 PM
If anyone is interested you can sign the Save the 4400 at their official website (http://www.savethe4400.com/).

chrisb26
02-07-2008, 06:13 PM
I have added my name to the list.

I hope the folks at USA see all the people who really want the show to stay and will decide to bring it back. I would at least want them to find a way to end it. The way the left it last season was no way to end the show. At least give us a last season of the show to wrap the story up.