PDA

View Full Version : If you had to...

Tink33333
02-01-2008, 09:35 PM
If you had to choose only three theme parks to visit during your vacation, which park would you skip and why?

snerd475
02-01-2008, 09:43 PM
Just from personal experience, I'd skip Hollywood Studios.
You HAVE to do MK, of course. Epcot is my 2nd fave, and AK is cool if you have people who aren't afraid of EE.

HS is just not worth if for me.

crltkcagle
02-01-2008, 10:03 PM
I'd skip Epcot. Even though I love the countries my dh and ds's do not. Our faves are 1. MK 2. AK 3. Hollywood Studios 4. epcot

do the waterparks count for this one too?

jedi jen
02-01-2008, 10:08 PM
Hollywood Studios. It may have something to do with the fact that my kids don't really enjoy RNR or TOT, or are too young to ride them. Just not much there for us. :mickey:

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-01-2008, 11:07 PM
Disney Studios.....RNRC and TOT are 2 of my favorite rides, I love taking the drawing class, Beauty and the Beast and Muppets 3-D is great but there isn't much else that I care for at the park.

Epcot I love so I could miss it. I go at least 3 days when I'm there. MK...you can't ever skip that. It has the castle! I love the tigers so I couldn't skip AK.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
02-01-2008, 11:32 PM
Another Disney Studios vote.

We have things we like there but, it is never a full day park for us.

EPCOT is our favorite park. We could never take a trip to WDW and not go there. My kids would freak.

MK is a given as well.

AK is a must do for Festival Of The Lion King and EE alone. :thumbsup:

Not fun having to choose. I was there for three days in December which was the shortest trip I have ever taken to WDW. Dh and the kids stayed home. It was two of my friends and I. I actually went against the advice I just gave you and skipped AK for then MGM. Only because we were there at Xmas and wanted to see Osborne Lights. We could not miss that!!

Have a great trip!!

Darbylew
02-01-2008, 11:45 PM
I would have to say MGM of course I can't get
use to the new name they have given it. I will
probably always call it MGM. Got to go to MK....
Epcot 2nd and then AK but I do love them all.

Darbylew
02-01-2008, 11:45 PM
I would have to say MGM of course I can't get
use to the new name they have given it. I will
probably always call it MGM. Got to go to MK....
Epcot 2nd and then AK but I do love them all.

kathiep
02-02-2008, 09:11 AM
Another vote for Hollywood Studios. We usually only end up spending half a day there anyway.

AdventurerKim
02-02-2008, 09:48 AM
We always skip AK because there' s nothing there we really want to ride. I like KS and the animal exhibits, but the rest has never impressed me. The shows are good, but that's not enough to spend a day there.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-02-2008, 09:50 AM
Our family would vote to skip AK.

We love MK, Epcot - these are both just amazing!

MGM - our third favourite...DH loves TofT and RnR, but it usually a 3/4 day park.

AK - we don't seem to "get" it. DH does Everest and we all do the Safari, but we don't get too much out of it.

So, skipping AK would be my first vote, MGM the second.

sorarail
02-02-2008, 09:58 AM
Another vote for MGM or Hollywood, or whatever they're calling it now. DH and I normally only spend a half day there, then head over to Downtown Disney.
We LOVE Epcot, MK & AKL!

RoosMomKanga
02-02-2008, 10:55 AM
DHS...another vote.

jrpersinger
02-02-2008, 10:56 AM
We would skip AK. Personally, I was not impressed at all with EE. I thought it was a very weak coaster, esp when going forward. Maybe its because I had higher expectations from what I had heard about it before. ITTBAB, KRR and Festival of the Lion King are the only other things we really like there, which we could really do with or without. And KS is hit or miss as it is, since you don't always see all the animals....

MGM is a must. RnRC and ToT are family favorites! So is 50's Prime Time Cafe! And you can't miss Fantasmic! Its the best thing WDW has!

Epcot is my personal fav and I would never ever skip it now. However, until the last few years I admit, I didn't really like it so much. Everything was changing, favorites were gone, etc.... But now, I feel like its coming together again. Which makes me very happy!

And MK.... Well, you simply can't miss going to MK. It has something to offer for everyone. Good rides, good parades, great fireworks. Oh and there is that Castle thing too! ;)

playdead88
02-02-2008, 11:56 AM
i would have to say AK - there isn't a whole lot the kids love there - the safari is one thing and they have rode that several times - EE was ok and if i had to choose i would pick RnR over EE in a second so if i we had to pick i guess AK would be missed

GrmGrninGost
02-02-2008, 12:22 PM
I would ( and have) skip AK. I do enjoy it, but there is little there I can't live without. Also, there is a tremendous amount of area for the amount of rides/attractions that are offered! If not for EE and Kilaminjaro Safari, I would not visit often at all!

DNS
02-02-2008, 12:31 PM
We would skip the Studios. We spend little time there anyway. Mostly just go to watch Fantasmic!

BostonChic
02-02-2008, 12:48 PM
I'd skip Animal Kingdom :yes: way too hot
:whew: and alot of walking for the animals
I will always love AK/Tree of life :heart::photo:

pixiegoose
02-02-2008, 01:00 PM
MK and Epcot are must-dos for us. With the addition of Expedition Everest to AK, it's now a must-do for us. The Studios we can live without if we have to, though we do like Rockin' Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror.

crazeedizneefinatic
02-02-2008, 01:08 PM
I would have to vote AK. Our last trip we had an 8 day park hopper and spent hardly any time there. That park to me is so closed in.

Polynesian Dweller
02-02-2008, 01:26 PM
AK for use because it has only EE (as good as it is) that is a must and at the Studios TOT is a must and you also have a second in RNRc.

SBETigg
02-02-2008, 02:08 PM
If you had to choose only three theme parks to visit during your vacation, which park would you skip and why?

I would skip Disney Hollywood Studios because we just don't like it as much as the others. There's no easy flow to that park. It handles crowds badly. We enjoy only a few of the attractions there and and can get through those relatively quickly or do without them if we really had to -- though I hate to imagine a trip without Tower of Terror.

We love MK and Epcot and could never do without them and now AK has risen up there, too.

pixiesmimi
02-02-2008, 02:17 PM
My vote would be for AK. We did not enjoy it too much and it was much hotter there than the other parks for some reason. We actually could do this one and Hollywood Studios in one day probably. Epcot is DH's favorite, MK mine and we both like to eat at and go to Hollywood Studios. Although we will probably go to AK this next time just to try it one more time to see if we like it any better and so DH can try EE. The DGK's didn't enjoy anything except the Safari ride there.

Soul_Power
02-02-2008, 02:33 PM
I would skip Animal Kingdom as well.
Expedition Everest was A LOT of fun and we liked some of the shows but that's about it!

I found Magic Kingdom to be very similar to Disneyland (I'm a California native and have been to Disneyland more times that I can remember), but the castle is reason enough to go there!
I didn't get to do too much exploring at EPCOT (yes, I regret it), so I definitely wouldn't skip that!
Even if a lot of people had the "Hollywood Studios" (whoa, WEIRD) at the bottom of their favorites list, my boyfriend and I loved the rides and will definitely go back!

pwdebbie
02-02-2008, 02:43 PM
I could do without DHS also. We spent way too much time there trying to figure out where we were going and being misdirected by CMs over and over again. We just didn't care for the "feel" of that particular park and half a day there was more than enough for us.

Debbie
POFQ, Oct. 2007

jszczur5
02-02-2008, 10:47 PM
AK is easily our least favourite park. With 2 almost teenaged boys, there just isn't enough for them to do there. We call it our "Half day park".

Stu29573
02-03-2008, 12:39 AM
Actually, I find I like the parks in the order of their openings. I can't get enough of MK, and Epcot has a lot to see. The studios were much better when they actually WERE studios, but they still have some of that feel. AK has always been our "half day park," and EE isn't really enough to change that.

daparish
02-03-2008, 06:53 AM
I would have to say MGM for me and I know dh would say Animal Kingdom.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-03-2008, 09:56 AM
Well, my favorites are Magic Kingdom and
Epcot, so I wouldn't skip either of those...I am kind of torn between Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom and if possible would choose to do 1/2 day in each instead of skipping one....Hollywood Studios has that Disney feel and it has fantasmic...Animal Kingdom is just so unique with the safari and Lion King.....I guess if push came to shove I would skip AK

Snow's Mom
02-03-2008, 02:49 PM
A lot of votes against Animal Kingdom, but that was my favorite park on our last visit. I had never been there before, and even though I thought we covered everything, looking back, I see we still missed a lot. Half-day? No way. Not unless all you want to do is ride the big attractions. It is a beautiful park---and I say that having gone in AUGUST.

DHS (or MGM) was my least favorite, (hotter than AK, no misters to keep you from melting) though it has added a few things since our last visit that would be worth a try. If it had added a Harry Potter ride, I'd move it up on my list. Someone said it doesn't handle crowds well---I agree!

DisFan01
02-03-2008, 02:53 PM
I would either vote for Animal Kingdom or Disney Hollywood Studios.

Animal Kingdom would be terrible without Expedition Everest, and DHS would be bad without TOT or Rock 'n' Rollercoaster. It all depends on what you like. :thumbsup:

bkfree
02-03-2008, 04:12 PM
My kids (7 and 9) have actually asked to skip AK next trip and go to Sea World instead.
I will also say that Epcot and DHS are their favorites above MK. While I could not imagine actually skipping MK, next trip we are planning more time at Epcot and DHS and only one day at MK.
I also think we will pull in a day at Universal next time also. For some reason MK is losing some of its Magic for us.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-03-2008, 09:22 PM
I'd skip AK. Too hot usually and just not enough to keep me occupied. I'd definitely do (in this order) MK, EPCOT then the Hollywood Studios.

ParkMan
02-03-2008, 11:27 PM
I'd skip AK, but it would be really hard.

Why? I could never skip MK or Epcot. So, it comes down to DHS & AK. I like them for different reasons. I really like the shows & theming at AK much more. However, I find that DHS just has more stuff that I want to do - Muppets, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Great Movie Ride.

Mollywobbles
02-04-2008, 12:16 AM
I'd skip HS. There's only a few things I ride while I'm there. I don't do ToT or RnR so I could better devote my time somewhere else.

MK is my favorite park. It's got so much to offer. I'm there many times during my trips. If I could only go to one park this would be it.

I enjoy Epcot too, but I didn't spend as much time there this past trip. I only went to ride Test Track and Soarin'. Back last October I spent a lot of time there.

I like AK too. I'm nuts about animals.

mrsgaribaldi
02-04-2008, 12:21 AM
WE skip AK and MGM, just depends on what we feel like doing. Epcot is our favorite and MK is second:thumbsup:WE could never miss the castle;)

MickeyChick
02-04-2008, 08:09 AM
Even though it was my son's favorite park because he got to meet Lightning McQueen, I thought the Studios were kind of lame.

cajunmickey
02-04-2008, 08:00 PM
I wouldn't skip any park. I would split one day between Ak and the studios. That way we could do all of the rides we really like. You wouldn't be able to see everthing just pick and choose your must do.

dolphinmickey9170
02-04-2008, 08:23 PM
I would have to choose...................um.................but... ........
......................um........................oh

I don't know what to choose. I guess I would buy a parkhopper and do MK one day, Epcot the second day and split AK/DHS on the third. Sorry, not much help here. I love all the parks. There is something at each one that I couldn't "skip" for any reason!!

crazypoohbear
02-04-2008, 08:53 PM
I'd skip the Magic Kingdom, there really isn't much to do there once you take away the Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Buzz, the TTA, Indy raceway, BTMRR, Jungle cruise, Wishes,Splash, Peter Pan, Mickeys Philharmagic, the carosel, Crystal Palace and the barber shop. Oh and the trains. :D:D
Seriously, I'd skip either the HS or AK. There is only so much to do and both parks are HOT

devoted93
02-04-2008, 08:56 PM
AK, easy. I'm not a parade or show kind of guy (except for Reflections of Earth, which ROCKS), so that cuts out a bunch of stuff. We usually hit the Safari, It's Tough to be a Bug, EE, and maybe Dinosaur then we leave. We used to hit the Tusker House, but now the format has changed so that's out.

Last time we were there, I think we only did the Safari and EE before leaving because it was so crowded (something we're not usually used to in September).

Unfortunately, we also missed Reflections of Earth (kinda) that trip because a monsoon hit the second the show started. There were stampedes, screaming, exploding fireworks, rain so hard you couldn't see in front of you ... it wasn't the show we were expecting, but it was a hell of a show!

Crow
02-04-2008, 10:45 PM
Epcot i spend the most time at
Hollywood Studios
MK
so id skip AK

Hair_Razor
02-04-2008, 11:00 PM
AK we have a zoo in Columbus and if we want EE we can go to Cedar Point.

Darin M
02-04-2008, 11:15 PM
I would skip AK, simply because I love the nostalgic feeling I get when visiting the other three parks.

It's funny because this summer, the only park I will be visiting is AK.