PDA

View Full Version : POR tips and treasures?

Cindy'smom
02-01-2008, 04:28 PM
Just changed our reservation to POR after learning the pool is closed at POFQ:mad:

I know this resort has a huge following. For all you POR lovers out there, tell me what you know! Looking for tips, favorites, and must dos at this resort. Several years ago I remember hearing about a "little known" secret of a evening campfire at POR (really, POR, not the campground). Does anyone know anything about that? I showed my DD (9) the pictures of the resort and she was pretty disappointed (she still thinks POP and ASMo are the best resorts she has ever been to :rolleyes:). So I'm looking for special things and hidden treasures at this resort so I can get her on board with me.
Thanks!!:mickey:

cgriff
02-01-2008, 05:08 PM
Just changed our reservation to POR after learning the pool is closed at POFQ

What?! The Palace of the Frog Queen is closed?!?!

crltkcagle
02-01-2008, 09:47 PM
is it being renovated or closed for the winter season?

Dakota Rose
02-01-2008, 11:32 PM
Well these aren't really secrets or anything, but it's pretty fun to take the boat to Downtown Disney. Nice change from the bus. There's also bike, surrey and boat rentals on-site. Carriage rides are also available. And, there's a Bayou Pirate Adventure just for kids under age 10.

Cindy'smom
02-02-2008, 03:12 PM
is it being renovated or closed for the winter season?

According to info central, it is closed Jan. 28 - March 15.

lindique
02-02-2008, 06:28 PM
Don't miss Piano Bob. He does a family-type show in the lounge 4 or 5 nights a week. It is very entertaining for everyone, and he gets the kids to participate.