PDA

View Full Version : Following the Hype!!

jakeybake
02-01-2008, 03:58 PM
Just nailed down reservations for Le Cellier for March 6th, the last day of my trip/conference. 2:20 ressies and have to be back at the GF for ME at 6:00 so worked out perfectly!

I hope it lives up to the hype!! Any suggestions on what to order?

Jay

Strmchsr
02-01-2008, 05:07 PM
I wouldn't personally even consider not ordering the steak. DW says the cheese soup is the best ever, though.

vamaggie
02-01-2008, 05:22 PM
Never been for lunch so can't help with entree but you MUST (repeat MUST) try to cheddar cheese soup if you like cheese at all. I could eat 2 helpings!

Pookie
02-01-2008, 06:23 PM
I just love the Beef and Barley soup while my DH loves the Cheddar Cheese soup. We have always ordered a steak there and we've never been disappointed. Usually he orders the filet while I order the NY Strip. I have heard about some bad experiences at Le Cellier, but we have always been pleased with our meals. Oh, and the pretzel bread is yummy!

Natazu
02-01-2008, 07:19 PM
We like Le Cellier. It's one of the best non-signature restaurants at Disney. The duck appetizer is amazing and the Cheddar Cheese Soup is really good too. All the steaks are prime cuts and hard to beat.

The first time we went, we were disappointed because of all the hype. We expected something spectacular and got something very good, but I'll take very good most of the time.

Jared
02-01-2008, 10:58 PM
Try not to think about the hype because it'll just unfairly raise your expectations. Le Cellier is a very good restaurant, but it still is a relatively traditional steakhouse. Like Jym said, it's arguably the best one-credit option.

Everybody raves about the cheddar cheese soup. I do not eat bacon and haven't tried it.

Enjoy!

:tasty:

Mickey 101
02-02-2008, 01:50 AM
I've never eaten there, but have attempted the Cheddar Cheese Soup at home twice based on the recipe on Info Central. We finally got to try the genuine article at the Food and Wine Festival in 2007. I definitely didn't do it justice, but would highly recommend that you try it at Le Cellier. We ended up going back to the Canada booth a couple of times to get more.