PDA

View Full Version : POR vs. CS

MushuGrl
02-01-2008, 03:44 PM
Hey guys! We're planning our December trip and decided to stay somehwere we haven't before, so we're tossed up between POR and CS. Which one would you recommend?

(and for me..which has the better food court? ;) )

buzz2001
02-01-2008, 04:18 PM
CSR! No shared transportation, the best mod pool/slide combo, great food selections (especially if your on the DDP).

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-01-2008, 04:23 PM
I second CSR! It is one of my favorite places to stay. It is beautiful, easy to get around the resort, short waits for buses and great food. I love the Pepper Market!

pox24
02-01-2008, 04:23 PM
I think that CS is a better choice. The food court, "The Pepper Market" is a great concept. You get a ticket and walk through many kitchens. Each kitchen offers something different. Steak at one, Chinese at another, Italian at another and so on. When you check out you get a stamp on what you but and pay accordingly. The Mayan Grille is also a nice sit down place for B,L and D. It has an awesome pool too. Its not as centrally located as POR. Its out next to the AK on Osceola Pkwy. POR has a nicer atmosphere and theme but for me its Coronado Springs.:thumbsup:

DisneyDD2
02-01-2008, 04:32 PM
I, too, would go with CS. The pool, the grounds, the food, the health spa, the buses. Great Resort!

kathiep
02-01-2008, 05:18 PM
I guess I'll jump on the band wagon too.

We really enjoyed our stay at CSR and the Pepper Market was one of the main reasons. The food selection and quality was much better than that of other mods.

We loved the grounds; beautiful to walk around the lake at night. And the pool area is terrific.

GrmGrninGost
02-01-2008, 06:55 PM
Both are really good, but I prefer POR! :mickey:

CrazyStudent
02-03-2008, 06:53 PM
Okay, it's 'pile on' time. ;)

Can't comment on the other resort but I really like the CSR. Fun places to eat (Pepper Market) and the ribs at Maya Grill were very good. I enjoyed the Maya Grill better but that's just a personal style thing. You'll have many meal options to choose from at Pepper Market and the 'open market' ambience makes it kind of a fun place to dine. Liked the Maya Grill's ribs so much I had them twice for dinner.

Couples will find the resort very romantic at night as the resort is beautiful. Great beaches, pool and water slide and game room for the children. Top that off with good transportation by the bus system (I didn't have to wait very long for any rides and the buses I rode were almost empty in early December) and the resort has a great deal to offer. Have a great time on your trip.

#1donaldfan
02-03-2008, 10:04 PM
POR for the relaxing feel and awesome beauty.....that should be enough for anyone!!

cajunbaby1
02-03-2008, 11:33 PM
We went summer 2005 and loved it. Granted it's spread out but we were close to the theme pool and it was very quiet. Bus stop was a short walk and we rarely had to wait. Granted ours was the last stop as far as getting off; but was never really too crowded. We even walked to the food courts, etc occassionaly and sometimes we were offered a lift by someone driving the gold cart.:mickey: