PDA

View Full Version : Jan. 10-19 Marathon Trip-DAY 2

wdwjoe
02-01-2008, 02:51 PM
Day2 -Friday January 11
Our first day of the trip is usually Animal Kingdom day as this in the past has been our least favorite park. That has changed in the last couple of years, though, with the addition of Everest and Nemo. So we head straight for EE and get fastpasses and hop in line. I really like this ride. I think Disney got it right. Good thrill and theming. After that we headed to do Dinosaur (amazing how there is never a line here anymore) and FOTLK, Nemo, and Bug's Life. My parents and older bro wanted flame tree, younger bro, DW and I wanted pizzafari. We got our food and met at a table by flame tree. Had to avoid the bird dropping by our table, though. My mom started to feed a fry to a duck and my younger bro told her you are not supposed to. A couple of seconds later, no kidding, the duck bit him in the butt. :rotfl:

After lunch, we hit KS (the latest we have ever don this-much better first thing in the morning)and the jungle trails. We were about to leave the park around 3 pm (we have never been in AK later than 2) and I said since we're here, we might as well stick around for the parade. Not everyone was interested at first, but I said that DW and I were going to. My sister-in-law said that she wanted to see the characters in their jungle garb, so my brother sighed and everyone stayed for the parade. I was happy to see it, but probably won't again. I thought the animal puppet things were cool.

After AK, we had to head back to the Health Expo at WWoS to return a shirt that DW had bought that didn't fit very well. We loaded up on some more Odwalla and then headed back to Pop to meet up with rest of fam. Since we had an early (4 am) wakeup call Saturday for the 1/2 marathon, I suggested an early dinner for the runners before mini golf. I got vetoed and we headed to Winter Summerland. We played the winter course and had a blast. After the trip we all said it was one of the more fun nights of the trip.

After DW won at minigolf for the first time ever :number1:, we headed to DTD for Earl of Sandwich. mmmmmm.....

My feet were extremely exhausted from the walking today, which worried me for the marathon on Sunday. Usually my feet didn't start aching until the 3rd or 4th day. So, we headed to the Pop pool to soak the feet again, then off to bed.

Tomorrow...1/2 marathon :mickey: and MGM, I mean Hollywood Studios. Thanks for reading.

pdrlkr
02-02-2008, 12:48 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

RedheadWriter
02-02-2008, 04:40 PM
Everest is one of my favorites, too! Great day! Looking forward to reading more!
Rachel

BelleCiavo
02-02-2008, 06:45 PM
That is so funny about the duck :laughing:
Hope your feet got some rest.

Karen

dolphinmickey9170
02-04-2008, 10:01 PM
Aren't those duckies funny?? Too cute. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

faline
02-05-2008, 12:54 PM
I'm hoping there's no line for Dinosaur on our next trip! We ran into long lines for this ride on our last two trips! Last trip, we never made it on!

Sounds like a fun Animal Kingdom day!

tinkerbell04
02-06-2008, 10:22 AM
Sounds like a great day! The duck part was too funny :)

DrWorm2008
02-07-2008, 11:10 AM
:thumbsup:

Bethis26fan
02-07-2008, 03:43 PM
Thanks for sharing.