PDA

View Full Version : Cinderella Breakfast/should I pay or use DDP?

mom2four
02-01-2008, 02:32 PM
Just curious if anyone on the DDP has paid for the Cinderella's Castle breakfast to save the dining credits. It seems to me like this would make more sense financially.

Of course, eating breakfast at the castle makes absolutely no sense financially!

illini
02-01-2008, 02:41 PM
You nailed it on the head-- it makes no sense financially either way. But we're not doing this to be fiscally sound, are we?

We paid OOP. It's not a good use of dining credits, IMO. Now I suppose that also depends on what your other dining plans are. But for us, we could either use two days' worth of sitdown meals (DDP was about $200 for all 5 of us), or drop about $150 on the breakfast. It was pretty much a no-brainer. Now back when it was ONE credit, ahhhh... that was sweet!

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-01-2008, 03:41 PM
We also paid OOP last time for Cinderella's. It just didn't make sense to use two credits for breakfast, when there were so many other places that would give us a better value.

This upcomig trip though, we're on the Deluxe Plan, and we're using the DDP for breakfast, just because there are so many credits on that plan.

Natazu
02-01-2008, 07:57 PM
The things we do for kids often makes no sense financially. Truth is, you can't put a price on a child's enjoyment of a meal at the castle with Cinderella. Well, I guess you can, $31.99. Don't worry about the cost... once!

As for the dining plan credits, look at it this way.
Breakfast at the castle for two adults --- $68.13 or 4 TS credits
Dinner at California Grill for two adults --- $123.58 or 4 TS credits

ljv1975
02-01-2008, 08:23 PM
I was going to use meal credits, but after thinking about it, I decided to pay OOP. If you think about it, it is about $16 per credit and most likely you will be able to use those TS credits for meals that cost more than $16.

Tink&Goofy
02-01-2008, 08:28 PM
As for the dining plan credits, look at it this way.
Breakfast at the castle for two adults --- $68.13 or 4 TS credits
Dinner at California Grill for two adults --- $123.58 or 4 TS credits

Wow Jym, that is a GREAT comparison!

TheRustyScupper
02-01-2008, 08:33 PM
Very poor financial choices for DDP TS coupons
. . . ANY breakfast
. . . ANY character meal
. . . ANY dinner show (especially Mickey's BBQ)
. . . Most lunches

Jared
02-01-2008, 10:29 PM
Leave it to Jym and TheRustyScupper to really break down the numbers. Cinderella's Royal Table never makes sense financially, but that shouldn't stop you from trying it once. Your kids will probably love the opportunity to eat a mediocre meal in Cinderella Castle. Indulge them once, and spend your credits elsewhere next time.

:tasty:

GrmGrninGost
02-02-2008, 10:26 PM
No doubt OOP makes more sense, but only if you have the extra money! If I were short on funds, no doubt I would use the DDP! Either way, in my mind it's a wonderful experience! :mickey: