PDA

View Full Version : Hoop-de-doo or Diamond Horseshoe?

biodtl
02-01-2008, 02:27 PM
I am thinking of taking the kids to Hoop-de-doo when we go in Oct, and it has me thinking about previous visits. but I need help remembering...

I went to WDW a lot when I was a kid because I had an aunt nearby, but when she moved, I had a break of about 6 years between visits. On my last visit with my aunt (around 1980), we went to a western-style dinner show. It was fun and really humorous. We had seats on the stage, in the little "balcony" thing (I don't know what that is called) and one of the CMs kept engaging us and squirting us with water guns. Can anyone tell if this is HDD or DHR?

About six year later, I went with a group and we attended a similar dinner show. This time we sat at tables on the floor level in fron of the stage. They took one of our large, male chaperones up and dressed him as a fairy. I think this one was Hoop-de-doo, but I'm not sure.

Anyone know the answer to these?

And sorry if this is in the wrong place...

Eeyore's Pal
02-01-2008, 03:28 PM
I never saw the Diamond Horseshow show (which isn't shown anymore), but did attend the Hoop Dee Doo in November. They definitely picked volunteers from the audience and one was dressed as a fairy.

I loved the HDD.

SharaLynn
02-01-2008, 11:44 PM
Hi!

I have only seen HDD and must tell you it was a highlight of our trip in 2005. My boys still talk about how much fun it was, the good food, and the atmosphere. We are now planning our next trip and that is one of the things we know for sure we would do again! It is very interactive and tremendously entertaining. I don't think you or the kids will be disappointed! Hope that hepls! :mickey: