PDA

View Full Version : Cypress Gardens

KrystalR83
02-01-2008, 11:38 AM
My farther just told me he booked a trip for us to Florida (no Disney :( ) for March 1-6. Luckily I had some extra vacation time at work. We will be going to Cypress Gardens. I haven't been there since I was 4 (I am now 24). What changes have taken place? How will the weather be? Any other information you can give me would be great.

Thank you
:rocks:

ayeckley
02-01-2008, 12:41 PM
Cypress Gardens changed hands in about 2005 after being closed for a while (2 years?) prior to that. It's been about a year-and-a-half since we've been there, but I found that it was a pretty darn good experience. Apparently Cypress Gardens had gone down hill quite a bit since I was last there in the 1980's, but the new owners have made a large number of improvements when they re-opened. There's a nice waterpark now, as well as lots of new rides geared mostly towards kids. The gardens were still well-maintained, and as far as I can tell the new owners have preserved the older features. We were told that the canals were going to be refurbished, but I have no idea if that ever happened or not. There's still the waterskiing show of course. The ice skating show was a bit corny (something weird about Eastern European skaters performing to "God Bless America"). For us it was a good experience - I'd say it could easily fill out an entire day's activities if you have kids. Maybe a half-day if you don't.

RAIDER
02-10-2008, 02:23 PM
We went there a few years ago after it had been closed down ..To be honest not alot has really changed they have added the funfair which is really good .. We had a great day out and its defiantly a full day .....Have fun :thumbsup: