PDA

View Full Version : Barber Shop

NJGIRL
02-01-2008, 11:14 AM
Is there any place that I can get more info on the Barber Shop in the MK. Their hours, services, prices, phone number for appointments. I can't seem to find anything. I know that I'm not looking in the right place.:D

MMouse6937
02-01-2008, 11:58 AM
The one thing I do know is they don't take appointments, it's done as a walk in basis. You might try guest services at the hotel your staying at and see if they can give you more info. Sorry I couldn't be more help

King Triton
02-01-2008, 12:48 PM
Google 'Harmony Barber Shop' and I think you'll get what you want.

I think they're usually open until about 5:00. I think the cost is about $17 for an adult and $14 for kids, but that is only for a regular cut. I'm not sure what other services they have.

ALso, no appointments...strictly walk-up, so its a good idea to get there early. I've also heard that it gets quieter around the afternoon parade.

ginger19
02-01-2008, 12:52 PM
I believe it's open from 9-5. They do not take appointments and the place is very small so you may have to wait outside. It was $15 I think for my DD's first haircut. i loved that they gave her ears and mickey confetti for her cut :mickey:

They can do colored gel and a few other special things there too.

NJGIRL
02-01-2008, 02:01 PM
Thanks everyone! I think my son would like to do the colored hair gel so I thought I would look into it in advance.

Will they do the colored gel wiithout the haircut??? We will be on the cruise before we do the parks so he will have a haircut before we leave home.

mudpuppysmom
02-01-2008, 02:42 PM
DS actually wanted to wait to get his hair cut at Disney!! We waitied and he was pretty shaggy......he got a cut and gel put in his hair (complete with a Mickey head of gel and Mickey confetti); then he bribed DH to get the same thing done.....with an ice cream promise (yet to be delivered DH reminds him daily!!). Anyway, I don't think they charge DH anything extra for the gel, just the $14 for DS and $17 for DH. DH got LOTS of strange looks and much laughter all day long from his hairdo!! Hey, it's Disney, where else can you be a kid!! Plus once they saw that DS had his done too, they really thought it was "cute" of dad to do the same thing. I still have the pictures to prove all of this!!:D

They are open from 9-5 and are strickly walk in only.

The line forms rather quickly!! So, if the line is long, try to come back later, or just wait if you like.

As far as if they only do the gel.....there were two moms in front of us by a few people -- they had 5-6 kids with them and 2 of them were boys....the girls all got their hair done up and gelled up and sprinkled....then to boys got theirs done, but I'm not sure what they charged them, but they did have only a style done, no haircut.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-01-2008, 11:55 PM
They definitely do gel only if that's what you want. The 16 year old boy with us actually had tulip type flowers done on the back of his head. Not what he was expecting but he was really a good sport about it. My nephew had blue gel and silver stuff put in his hair one time. It looked so cool. And they did a hidden mickey on the back of my BIL's semi-bald head.