PDA

View Full Version : characters in bloom?

like2workout
02-01-2008, 09:42 AM
i read on here at one point that there is something called "characters in bloom" at epcot where esmerelda and the 7 dwarves come out. i can't find any dates for it. is it a part of the flower and garden festival at epcot each year? thanks!

joanna71985
02-01-2008, 04:04 PM
i read on here at one point that there is something called "characters in bloom" at epcot where esmerelda and the 7 dwarves come out. i can't find any dates for it. is it a part of the flower and garden festival at epcot each year? thanks!

Yes, it is part of Flower and Garden festival. I believe it is the weekend of May 16-18. It's great! Last year I saw:
*Disney Bear
*Baloo
*Aurora
*Genie
*Jasmine
*Aladdin
*Pooh
*Tigger
*Eeyore
*Jessie
*Buzz
*Woody
*Esmeralda
*And...all 7 Dwarves!!

Hayden's Dad
02-01-2008, 04:52 PM
Hey we will be there for at least two of those days where are the characters for this?

joanna71985
02-01-2008, 07:15 PM
Hey we will be there for at least two of those days where are the characters for this?

Here's where I found them:
Disney Bear and Baloo- they were at the Teddy Bear and Doll convention

Esmeralda- She was in France

7 Dwarves- if I am remember correctly, they were in Germany

Woody, Buzz, and Jessie- If I am remembering correctly, I think they were in Japan

Brer Robert
02-01-2008, 10:44 PM
Interesting that they actually have Esmerelda, since she and the other Hunchback characters are pretty much not used anymore except for Frollo for MNSSHP.

joanna71985
02-01-2008, 11:23 PM
She was really pretty too.

kitty17794
02-12-2008, 11:49 AM
I believe I read that this year, Characters In Bloom is March 28th-30th. I could be wrong though, but I'll check again. :)

Carol
02-12-2008, 01:53 PM
I read that this year, Characters In Bloom is March 28th-30th. I could be wrong though, but I'll check again.

You are correct. The information can be found here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/flowergarden.asp).

like2workout
03-11-2008, 09:14 AM
are the characters out all weekend for "characters in bloom" or is it just that friday? thanks!

joanna71985
03-11-2008, 01:50 PM
are the characters out all weekend for "characters in bloom" or is it just that friday? thanks!

I believe it is all weekend.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
03-11-2008, 08:26 PM
Ohhhhh, I can't wait! I'll be at the parks all day up until I have to work! I'm going to get up super early in the morning on Friday and get there at park opening just to chase them all down!

*dusts off autograph books and lines up pens* I'm ready! And it's my birthday weekend too!!!

like2workout
03-12-2008, 09:02 AM
so the characters will be out all day, starting in the morning??? i haven't been able to find anything with the times or who will be out. that'll be great if the characters start early!

joanna71985
03-12-2008, 10:25 AM
When I saw them, it was around 3-4 pm. They most likely start coming out around 11:30am-noon (or later).

like2workout
03-12-2008, 01:30 PM
ok, thanks joanna! and captain jessica, i'll be there with you searching them out! i'll look for you at the emporium too.

Jozymouse
03-18-2008, 01:56 PM
I think it was in 2006 that the hypos and ostriches from Fantasia were meeting during that weekend. That must have been awesome. I LOVE the orstriches from Fantasia :cloud9:

like2workout
03-18-2008, 02:01 PM
i hope the hippos and ostriches are back out this year too - and esmerelda? does anyone know if they have the same characters each year for this?

CaptainJessicaSparrow
03-28-2008, 01:45 AM
So....basically, the only new one I'll be getting is Emerelda?

::sighs:: Disney really stinks at putting fresh faces out there. And why not put...I don't know...maybe Sora in Japan!!!!!

I'm hoping Clopin might be out due to the recent sitings my roommate had not too long ago. I'll be heading there tomorrow morning before work and let yo guys know who I spotted.

Hayden's Dad
03-28-2008, 09:49 AM
I don't know...maybe Sora in Japan!!!!!

I don't know which of your obsessions is worse Jessica, Sora or Captain Jack. :funny:

I hate we will be missing the Character's in Bloom, but we will be there during the Garden Parties, so hopefully we will see some more characters then.

Keep us updated on who you see.

Amy_Callaghan
03-28-2008, 12:10 PM
I'm looking forward to see who will be there this year too :)

Jozymouse
03-28-2008, 12:19 PM
I think that unlike the MNSSHP, MVMCP where the characters are pretty much predictable from year to year, the characters in bloom event has room for surprises. If you take a look at the characters that were out in 2006 (ostriches, hypos)in comparasion to the ones that were out in 2007 (Esmeralda, 7 dwarfs), they were NOT the same! Personaly, I dont know what to expect but I think their might be chances that Disney will surprise us with rare characters...or i'm hoping anyway! :mickey:

Amy_Callaghan
03-28-2008, 12:39 PM
I think that unlike the MNSSHP, MVMCP where the characters are pretty much predictable from year to year, the characters in bloom event has room for surprises. If you take a look at the characters that were out in 2006 (ostriches, hypos)in comparasion to the ones that were out in 2007 (Esmeralda, 7 dwarfs), they were NOT the same! Personaly, I dont know what to expect but I think their might be chances that Disney will surprise us with rare characters...or i'm hoping anyway! :mickey:

I know I just wish I could make it, I mean I could but my kids wouldnt be with me, so I'm not going this year. We went in 2006 they had Madame Upanova, and Hyacinth Hippo from Fantasia they were about the most rare, the Disney Bear, all 7 Dwarfs and Bullseye from Toy Story all great finds, last year we found out through the message boards that Esmeralda would be out so we went esp. for her last year.
She's a favorite.
The curiousity is killing me I can't wait to find out who's there this year.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
03-28-2008, 12:42 PM
I don't know which of your obsessions is worse Jessica, Sora or Captain Jack. :funny:

I hate we will be missing the Character's in Bloom, but we will be there during the Garden Parties, so hopefully we will see some more characters then.

Keep us updated on who you see.

:blush: Well, Jack Sparrow is my favorite because of pirates in general. Not to mention he was portrayed by Johnny Depp, who is one of my top 3 favorite actors.

Sora, on the other hand, is one of my favorite video game characters. And since it's unlikely that I will get to see other characters from the KH franchise, I'll have to settle with the one I know we had at one point. Plus I think Disney wasn't very smart in the creation of Sora since they only used him once in 2004. Seems like and awfully big waste to me.

Needless to say, my obsession with Disney and anime in general tend to both be rather large. So when you combine it.....it makes for a rather unhealthy one.

I didn't get to make it out there today since I overslept and I need to leave here shortly. But I plan on spending all day there tomorrow. So expect a character report!

Jozymouse
03-28-2008, 02:52 PM
:blush: Well, Jack Sparrow is my favorite because of pirates in general. Not to mention he was portrayed by Johnny Depp, who is one of my top 3 favorite actors.

Sora, on the other hand, is one of my favorite video game characters. And since it's unlikely that I will get to see other characters from the KH franchise, I'll have to settle with the one I know we had at one point. Plus I think Disney wasn't very smart in the creation of Sora since they only used him once in 2004. Seems like and awfully big waste to me.

Needless to say, my obsession with Disney and anime in general tend to both be rather large. So when you combine it.....it makes for a rather unhealthy one.

I didn't get to make it out there today since I overslept and I need to leave here shortly. But I plan on spending all day there tomorrow. So expect a character report!

Oooooh ! Character Report!!!:joy:`
Cant wait!

like2workout
04-03-2008, 03:38 PM
hey folks, i went to 2 of the 3 days of characters in bloom last week. it was great! there are no guide maps for the characters, so you just have to wonder around and stumble upon most of them, but that was fun too. i saw: chicken little, alice and the mad hatter together switching off with tweedle dee and dum, captain hook and smee together, pinocchio and gepetto together, lilo and stitch together, timon and rafiki together, mexico donald, snow white (i was told dopey was coming too, but i didn't see him. the same cast member said the other 6 dwarves would not bet there), belle and beast together, aladdin, jasmine, and genie all 3 together, sleeping beauty, and marie. i think that's it. i didn't see any rare ones, and was told esmerelda as not appearing. and daisy duck now has a setup in the wonders of life pavillion. a cast member told me it was set up for her, clarabelle, and horace, but that daisy was the only one who had appeared so far. characters in bloom was really fun! no rare characters, but saw a lot more characters than normal at epcot and they were in places you ususally don't see them.