PDA

View Full Version : Poly Room Question

rookie
02-01-2008, 09:22 AM
Just booked a 6 night stay at the Poly :lei:(Thanks MJ-Mellisa!)

There are 5 of us (2 adults, 2 kids and one 2-year old) Never been to the Poly, we have a garden view.

I have seen Tikimans site, and have read all the pros and cons of the various rooms.

Should I just let Disney fate pick my room or should I request something? I don't think I have a strong preference at this point.

What do you Poly frequent guests think?

alpro2
02-01-2008, 09:48 AM
That depends on you and what you value most. For me, I like to be secluded and "off the beaten path". I don't like to be close to the pools because of the noise. I also don't like to be close to the GCH because of the traffic. In choosing a garden view, I prefer not to have a view of a parking lot. Now, my kids are not young and I don't mind the extra walking. If those things don't bother you, then let them pick the room.

Have a great time. Either way, you will love the Poly.

tikiman
02-01-2008, 09:59 AM
If you have a preference than put in a request. I myself just let them decide and when I check in I ask to see what is available. If you have studied the resort and have a good idea of the different locations than you ca decide when they show you what else might be available and choose then. I would say every time I have not stayed concierge I have just let them put me where they wanted and only once did I ask to be moved to something else available.

BelleCiavo
02-01-2008, 10:22 AM
I love Tokelau and always request it, although I got Samoa last May and that was nice too. Tokelau isn't too far from anything, pool, laundry, GCH, and the walk to the TTC are all convenient.

Tinkerfreak
02-01-2008, 01:07 PM
I love Tokelau and always request it, although I got Samoa last May and that was nice too. Tokelau isn't too far from anything, pool, laundry, GCH, and the walk to the TTC are all convenient.

We loved Tokelau because the rooms in this building are a bit larger than some of the other longhouses. We also wanted to make sure we got a balcony.

LudwigVonDrake
02-02-2008, 07:36 PM
I stayed at Tokelau last summer and loved it. Poly is awesome :tikki:

splashtest
02-05-2008, 10:38 AM
Samoa, great central location. In the middle of both pools, short walk to the buses, and short walk to the Great Ceremonial House.

krorx
02-05-2008, 05:53 PM
We were just so happy to be staying at the Poly, we didn't care, but then the view wasn't that important to us. I actually prefer to be away from the pools because of noise, etc. If you value the view, then I would definitely ask for what you want when you check in. Have a wonderful time. Can I say how much I envy you???

J.T.Toad
02-05-2008, 07:30 PM
Dear Rookie

If you think you might be spending a lot of time at the Volcano Pool.
Then You might want to request a room near the Great Ceremonial House.

If you think you might be spending a lot of time at the Beach.

If you think you might be spending a lot of time at Captain Cooks.

If you think you might be spending a lot of time at the Barefoot Bar.

If you think you might be spending a lot of time jumping on the Monorail.

If you think you might be spending a lot of time at the Kona Cafe.

If you are the designated Mug Man.

If you think you might be spending a lot of time running to the Grog Hut.

If you trip is during the Rainey Season.

If you think you will have plenty of exercise walking in the Parks.

Aggie97
02-07-2008, 12:37 AM
We just returned from the Polynesian last night. :crying:

We were in a Garden View room in Tokelau, and we were very pleased with the location... not far from the GCH or the TTC (to catch the monorail to Epcot). We stayed in Rarotonga last year and liked that building as well. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend either building.

We previously stayed in Aotearoa and weren't as keen on its location on the other side of the resort.

For this trip, we had put in a request for a room in either Rarotonga or Tokelau. Have fun! :mickey:

SurferStitch
02-07-2008, 07:03 AM
We stayed in Tokelau in December, and we loved it. We had a view of the quiet pool, and it wasn't loud at all. The one morning the lifeguards were having some training, and you could hear them, but we were buzzing around the room getting ready to hit a park, so we didn't care at all.

Our room also had a view of Cinderella Castle. Granted, not a full on view, but we could see it very well, and for a garden view price.

Nice walk to the GCH, TTC and the bus stop (which was very close).

We were picky (after scouring Tikiman's site), and requested Tokelau, top floor, and one of about 8 rooms that had this castle view, and got exactly what we wanted. It was great.