PDA

View Full Version : Best Breakfast Meals

WDWRox
01-31-2008, 05:45 PM
On past visits, we've eaten breakfast at the Crystal Palace in the MK with Winnie the Pooh and the gang and we're planning on doing it again in September. What other spots for using a meal for breakfast would you recommend? We've eaten once at Chef Mickey and felt it was just one of those "take it or leave it" kind of places, and we've also eaten at the buffet at Ft. Wilderness and weren't impressed with it at all. Anywhere else worth trying?

DakotaDisney
01-31-2008, 05:59 PM
One of the best breakfasts is at Boma at AKL!:thumbsup:

It is not a character breakfast if that matters to you, but the food is great!

It is a buffet. Delicious food and great variety. Plus you get to try some food from Africa as well as American breakfast food.

Try the Jamba Juice! (did I spell that right or call it by the right name?)

Janmac
01-31-2008, 06:14 PM
DH's all time favorite breakfast buffet is Cape May (Beach Club) which has Chip & Dale and Minnie. I think Goofy is there too but we didn't see him last time.

Also, 1900 Park Faire (Grand Floridian) has a character buffet. There is a lot of choice here - check the menus at Info Central. There used to be a made to order omelet station - may still be there. Also the characters are unique, being the Mary Poppins characters. We had a crazy visit with the Mad Hatter. This restaurant seems noisy to us but they do have lots of choices.

On our last trip we had an 8 am ADR for Cape May. We took a bus from our resort to Epcot and walked through to the International Entrance and then along the water to the Beach Club. Perhaps fifteen minutes. Very cool to be walking early and almost alone through Epcot.

In 2001, our breakfast ADR at 1900 Park Faire was early too - took a character breakfast bus from the Yacht Club which dropped us at the Contemporary. We went up to the monorail level and took that to the Grand Floridian.

Crystal Palace is our favorite breakfast buffet. We try Chef Mickey's about every 10 years but it doesn't do much for us, somehow. Leaves more room for others.

Enjoy!

Jan

jwildflower1981
01-31-2008, 07:19 PM
The best breakfast we've ever had in the World is 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian. They had a huge selection of diffrent foods ( I had lobster bennadict) and your regular stuff too ( bacon, eggs,cereal, Mickey waffles.....) And it's also a character breakfast, which is always fun.

goofyfan4466
01-31-2008, 07:36 PM
My Family Loves Chef Mickey's And The Crystal Palace !!

tadshome
01-31-2008, 07:37 PM
1900 Park Fayre @ GF is great or O'Hanas @ Poly both are great fun :mickey:

wendy*darling
01-31-2008, 07:47 PM
I'll cast another vote for 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian- good characters and very good food. :thumbsup:

We also enjoy Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club.

And another one not mentioned yet is Spoodles. This is at the Boardwalk. No characters, and it is an order off the menu place. A little Mediterranean inspired. You can get your traditional breakfast foods, but also frittatas, breakfast flatbreads and more.:mickey:

pox24
02-01-2008, 09:12 AM
1900 Park Fare:thumbsup:

DDuck66
02-01-2008, 10:44 AM
I would have to say that 1900 Park Fair is always one of the better ones. I have read some good reviews about Donald's new Tusker House Safari breakfast in the AK and cannot wait to try it in May.

jpH/keD
02-01-2008, 11:25 AM
We did 2 character breakfasts this last trip.(Nov 07) We did Akershus and loved it! We had Aurora, Belle for pics,Snow White, Mulan and Mary Poppins!!! And the food was good too.

Also we did O'Hana's. This by far is the most different food wise. The pineapple bread is yummy and you dont find it everywhere! But they also had Mickey waffles(a staple for my kids!) The characters were Lilo and Stitch, Mickey and Goofy or Pluto I can't remember which one?? Good luck choosing!Have fun!:thumbsup:

#1donaldfan
02-01-2008, 12:18 PM
IMHO I think Boatwrights at the POR resort has the best breakfast of ANY Disney eatery !!!!!

faberj
02-01-2008, 12:24 PM
We love the Crystal Palace too, I also like Ohana's. I have not tried Chef Mickey's, but have heard it is good and a lot of fun.

ElenitaB
02-01-2008, 12:40 PM
We love CP as well and we go there practically every trip for at least one meal. When we're trying to stretch our budget and not on the dining plan, we go to breakfast (which is exactly what we're doing in just a few days). Other places we really like for breakfast are Boma, Cape May Buffet, Spoodles, and Boatwright's. We went to 1900 Park Fare once and did enjoy it but have felt no draw to return. Maybe we should put it back on the list.

One place that I do avoid is Chef Mickey's. I wasn't a fan for dinner... don't think I could handle it that early without a good dose of coffee first!

lightyearfan
02-01-2008, 01:29 PM
for me and dw it is Boatwrights at POR, they're breakfests are great we've never gone to WDW without eating here, it is 1 of the best if not the best for a great and very filling breakfest.

Victor

May524
02-01-2008, 01:53 PM
Cape May at the Beach club is great! The character interaction is always fantastic and doesn't feel rushed or busy like Chef MIckeys. However...my neices and nephew LOVED Chef Mickeys! So thats another option.
Another great place is O'hana at the Poly. I know for some families it's easier to have the food brought to YOU, and this works out great. Plus, it's a character meal. :D