PDA

View Full Version : Food preparation at Ohana

crazy4tink
01-31-2008, 04:11 PM
DH is extremely allergic to all pork products. :ill: I would like to make an ADR for Ohana for dinner during our September trip. I know that there are other meats, besides the pork products on the menu, however, are all the meats cooked on the same grill? If I am looking at the pictures correctly, it looks like all of the meats are cooked on open grills in the center of the restaurant, yes? Are the meats grilled on separate grills or are they each cooked indivdually on their own separate grill? I know that each individual meat is on its own skewer, but I need to know where each meat is cooked in relation to the other meats. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

SBETigg
01-31-2008, 05:14 PM
I'm not sure, but they are extremely accommodating to food allergies and special dietary needs. If you decide to make an ADR, note the allergy then and then repeat it when you are seated. Make sure they know that you need meats/foods that haven't been near pork products and I am fairly certain they will follow your requests.

IloveDisney71
01-31-2008, 10:09 PM
We visited Ohana within a year of my DH's transplant and he had several questions about food preparation. I was so impressed that the chef came out personally and answered all of my DH's questions! Disney is very helpful when you have questions about food and health related issues. You can probably call in advance with your questions but you can also ask when you arrive.

TheRustyScupper
02-01-2008, 01:29 PM
1) They do not have a separate grill for different meats. *
2) This does pose a problem with cross-contamination.
3) Grills cannot be fully cleaned.
4) But, ask the chef and see what they can do for you.
5) They still might be able to get around the problem.

* Several locations do have separate grills for poultry and meat, to prevent the ills of cooking poultry from contaminating meat. But, I have not seen a location with separate meat grills.