Me - 41
DH - 42
Son - 6

Dates:
January 2 - January 12, 2008

Accomodations:
Villas at The Wilderness Lodge, Room 1504
1 bedroom villa
**favorite part of the villa - WASHER AND DRYER!!!!!!! (yep, I'm a dork)

Dining Plan:
2008 Deluxe Dining Plan
$1,599.00 approx.

Travel:
South West (3 people - $420.00 for round trip)
Magical Express

Misc:
- DVC owners
- AP holders

This is my first trip report. I know some people like details (which ride they go on at a specific time of day), and others like general observations (atmosphere, weather, lines, food reports, etc). I'll be doing a little of both.

Day ten - January 11h, Friday

Sniff sniff.....this is our last full day at WDW. We are not looking forward to going back home. And my husband was already anxious in having to go back to the ambulance service (where they treat him badly). This day, I literally try to talk him out of working there anymore. I tell him to turn in his notice. There's no reason to allow yourself to be treated so badly. So, a good portion of the morning is spent cheering my husband up.

We get up early to go to Magic Kingdom. We watch the opening ceremony. I've never seen that before. My husband and son run to Space Mountain while I get the stroller, maps, and browse in the stores.

We have ADR's for Liberty Tavern at 11am. This was by FAR the worst meal I've ever had at WDW. My husband hated his food, and my son hated his too. We didn't even bother to stay for dessert. We literally left, and ate some Dole Whips with out snack options. he he. Oh yeah, we got some delicious popcorn too. Is it just me, or is the popcorn at Disney REALLY good?

We ride the rides in Adventureland, and watch the parade from INSIDE the waiting room for the Country Bears. PERFECT SEATS!!!! We got to sit in the front row for this show. It was cute....especially that song about bloooooooood in the saaaadddllle. WE'd never seen this show before. We got to get another snack in the adjoining store and get fudge from the snack plan. The regretfully inform us that fudge is no longer on the snack plan. Bummer. We get some cotton candy.

We ride other rides around the park, and walking....taking our time. Going real slow and doing whatever we want when we walk up to it. It's so easy to do since there are no crowds. And.....yep - the weather was PERFECT. It was around 77 that day....and sunny. We take a lot of pictures. More shopping (pins).

We take our son to get his haircut. Only 1 person ahead of us!!!! We get a No. #3 fade and he wants the blue 'glue' and sparklies in his hair. MAN....my kid loved this. We're gonna have to do it again. $14.00 total. Couldn't give a tip because there isn't a place on the receipt for a tip, and they don't have change for cash. All I had were $20's.

Now - it was time for our final dinner - Cinderella's Royal Table. We've never done this either. A little chaotic...but that's okay. The atmosphere and characters were wonderful. But I have to say....the food was horrible. I mean downright nasty. ALL of it.

The table next to us got introduced because they won the night in the castle.

Oh yeah - previously, we were taking a rest in the parks and a family runs up to their other family members and state that they won a stay in the castle. I wasn't sure when it was for....but they were freaking out and going crazy. I was jealous.

Anyhow - we watch Wishes. Again --- love this. We slowly walk away from the park...sad. We go back to the hotel and pack up. Sniff Sniff.

The marathon is tomorrow and we are wondering how the crowds will be at the parks.

Night night!

RedheadWriter
02-01-2008, 10:06 AM
Wow. I was a little surprised to hear the food was bad at two places that were on my list of places to try. Will have to do more research to seeif they are worth going to when I am there next. Super busy day for you! :mickey:
Rachel

faline
02-01-2008, 11:55 AM
It's always hard to get to your last day. At least the weather was good and you were able to enjoy the attractions without crowds!

pdrlkr
02-02-2008, 12:27 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

tinkerbell04
02-04-2008, 02:47 PM
Thanks for sharing, sounds like a great day.:mickey:

Bethis26fan
02-11-2008, 10:00 PM
Thanks for sharing.

AbeeNormal
02-11-2008, 10:28 PM
I completely agree with you about CRT - Never again. I'm sad to see your trip coming to an end. But hey you're a DVC owner with many trips to come.

dolphinmickey9170
02-12-2008, 06:45 AM
I wasn't a fan of CRT dinner either. I love their breakfast though. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

DizNee143
02-12-2008, 04:43 PM
as much as it stinks that its the last day...sounds like you enjoyed last day very much! and i agree..its cool to eat in the castle..but they gotta get some better food..and to me alittle more of a selection! :mickey:

Queen Stephanie
06-04-2008, 12:14 PM
I really wish you had a better experience at CRT. Each time I visit there, I am so fascinated just to be in a castle, the magic :magic:takes over and I really don't notice the food. I just love the Royal treatment!:princess: