PDA

View Full Version : Jan. 10-19 Marathon Trip-DAY 1

wdwjoe
01-31-2008, 02:46 PM
As we prepared for this trip, I wasn't as excited as past trips. Sure this was going to be the longest time we had ever spent consecutively in WDW, but I was very nervous about running the marathon. As the trip approached, I got more and more excited and was busting the night before. So, we woke up early to catch our SWA flight out of Omaha. My parents, older brother and his wife, and younger brother all joined us on the trip. It was a trouble free flight to STL and then after a brief layover we were off to MCO. My wife and I love the airport and the excitement of arriving but dread the next time we will be there as it means our trip is over. So, we took it easy as we got our luggage and rental car. We made a bried grocery stop and checked in around 4 pm at Pop.
We got settled and then headed over to the Health and Fitness expo at Wide World to pick up our marathon packets. I was running the full, younger bro running the half, and my wife being Goofy and doing both. The expo was alot of fun with great products and free samples. Even though I am not a fitness nut (my wife is) I thoroughly enjoyed it. After a couple of hours at the expo, we decided we had time to head to EPCOT and grab some Nachos from Mexico and settle in for Illuminations. I love this show and we try to see i as many times as possible. It just gets me emotional and fired up at the same time.
As we headed back to the hotel, I started getting excited for the race as you could see all of the drink stations being set up around property. Back at Pop, we took a quick dip in the computer pool. We had a room in the 90's bldg. on the bottom floor right by the pool. Usually we don't care about location as we don't hit the pools very often, but with the races that weekend, it was nice to soak our feet.

Stay tuned for Day 2!

RedheadWriter
02-01-2008, 10:00 AM
Many kudos for doing the marathon! Looking forward to reading more!

faline
02-01-2008, 11:44 AM
That's a lot of running for your family!

Glad you're all settled in and ready for the races!

BelleCiavo
02-01-2008, 02:42 PM
Can't wait to read all about the marathon. Hurry back.

pdrlkr
02-02-2008, 12:47 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

dolphinmickey9170
02-04-2008, 09:56 PM
What a great start. Thanks for sharing.

tinkerbell04
02-06-2008, 09:59 AM
Wow! That is a lot of running for your family :) I am off to read the second part!:mickey:

Bethis26fan
02-07-2008, 03:35 PM
can't wait to read more about your trip

AbeeNormal
02-15-2008, 02:08 PM
I sure wish you all the best at the marathon. Sounds like healthy a family to me (at least until the nacho's came in ;)).