PDA

View Full Version : How is it getting to Fort Wild at MK closing?

KatGat
01-31-2008, 02:16 PM
We have a carriage ride booked at Fort Wilderness an hour after MK closes early for the Pirates & Princess party. Is this wise or will the ferry be jam packed with those leaving MK. I was thinking about moving my carriage ride reservation to before MK closing time. Any thoughts?

ibrowse17
01-31-2008, 03:24 PM
There is a direct boat from the MK to FW, so do not take the ferry. You can also ride the monorail to the Cont, and catch a boat to FW from there, but I would stick with the direct MK boat. The crowds should not be that bad, so I would not worry about changing times.Carriage rides are a short walk from the boat dock, and a lot of fun. Enjoy:thumbsup:

KatGat
01-31-2008, 03:51 PM
Oh, I guess I didn't realize (or remember) that there were 2 boats (or 1 direct boat & 1 ferry). How do I know which is which? Are they docked in different areas or labeled a certain way?

ibrowse17
01-31-2008, 06:38 PM
Oh, I guess I didn't realize (or remember) that there were 2 boats (or 1 direct boat & 1 ferry). How do I know which is which? Are they docked in different areas or labeled a certain way?

The boat dock for the FW boats is right in front of the main enterance of the MK, while the ferry dock is off to the left as you exit the MK. These boats run between the MK, WL and FW have either green or blue flags(I forget which).