PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever used Payless car rental?

NLODisney
01-31-2008, 01:35 PM
For our upcoming trip in March Payless has a prcice for a midsize car that is over $100 less for the week than what I was looking at. Does anyone have any experience with them that they would like to share?

Goofeygal
01-31-2008, 02:45 PM
We have used payless a couple times and have never had a problem with them.

MiaBella
01-31-2008, 02:55 PM
I have never used payless but I recently used DOLLAR! Do not rent from them. Our car was dirty!!!! Under the drivers seat were pills of or from something! I reported the car rental they gave us $20.00 off the price. Also the airbag and emergancy brake light kept going on. One day it rained UGH! Make sure you look your car over REALLY well down there.
btw this car only had 27,000 miles on it. UNREAL!

bshaw96
01-31-2008, 07:48 PM
We used Payless our 2000 trip and had no problems at all. We used Alamo the last 2 times. I've got to say I loooove the online check in. We checked in from home before we left, and when we got to the airport, we just went to the Alamo deck, chose the car we liked (keys were in them all) and drove away. All we had to do was show our debit card to the attendee on the way out. It took all of 10 minutes from the time we got our luggage from the conveyor belt until we were on I-4.

TheRustyScupper
02-01-2008, 01:42 PM
1) We usually use "L&M" in Orlando.
2) We find them consistently the cheapest.
3) Just make sure you carry your insurance card.
4) Without it, your rate jumps.

NLODisney
02-01-2008, 05:26 PM
Thanks for all your replies. I think we will probably go with National (have rented with them before) or Alamo.

thrillme
02-01-2008, 05:37 PM
I've used just about all of them (except maybe Hertz because they are ALWAYS so expensive compared to the others)...Yes I've used Payless. To me for the most part they're all the same.

I kinda like Budget the best out of them all but it all depends on the clerk you get at the others. So many of the OTHER agencies seem to try hard to push the WAY over priced insurance on you. A lot of credit cards cover damage to the car and sometimes your FULL coverage insurance will cover you as well. Essentially I hate playing the insurance "dance" with the agencies. :(

Other than that they should all be fine. My "preference" is to rent from an agency that is located IN the terminal. Off terminal you have to allot for extra time. Shuttles can be slow too.