PDA

View Full Version : Cali Grill or Narcoosee's?

Cinderelley
01-31-2008, 01:23 PM
Which would be better after AK? Can you see Wishes from Narcoossee's?

Crow
01-31-2008, 01:38 PM
i went w CG since ive been there twice & plan again end of Feb. you can see Wishes from there & the sushi was great

ibrowse17
01-31-2008, 01:48 PM
Narc's is a great place to eat and watch Wishes. Looking across the water from your table, or watching from the deck is a great experience. We have done both, and they dim the lights and pipe in the music at both places. We just enjoy Narc's a bit more, but you can't go wrong with either:thumbsup:

SurferStitch
01-31-2008, 02:02 PM
We dine at both on every WDW trip. Narcoossee's is our absolute favorite. Food and service are incredible (as is Cali Grill), but there's just something about Narcoossee's. Seafood options are better, and it's just a more special place to us.

You can't go wrong at either one.

We are heading back to WDW in May for a shorter 7 day stay. We canceled our Cali Grill ADR for a second dinner at Narcoossee's. While we had an outstanding dinner at Narc's in December, our Cali Grill dinner didn't blow us away. It was wonderful, but just not spectacular like Narcoossee's.

SBETigg
01-31-2008, 02:32 PM
They are both very good and we've had excellent food, service, and a Wishes view from both. California Grill wins out for me. The view is breathtaking and the fireworks from there are nothing short of spectacular. I enjoyed the food at Cali just a little more than the food at Narcoossee's, but both are very good so it comes down to preference.

pox24
01-31-2008, 03:07 PM
They will interupt dinner for Wishes and ask if you want to walk out on the circular boardwalk around the restuarant for the show. It was great and our dinner was still nice and hot when we returned. I think they reheated it. It was great. Cali grille is alsoa nice vantage point but you have to wlk outside or mwalk to the window. They do not dim the lights. Dinner was better at the CG, but Wishes was better at Narcoosee's. Do both.:)

sillyolbear
01-31-2008, 03:12 PM
As others noted, you can see Wishes from both.

California Grill wins out for me. The menu is a little more varied and the view is terrific. Narcoosee's does do a great job with seafood.

Either one you choose, you'll have a great meal.

Mary M
01-31-2008, 03:12 PM
CG edged for sentimental reasons. You can't go wrong with either.

Polynesian Dweller
01-31-2008, 03:50 PM
Been to both and like both so in the can't go wrong with either camp. That said, for us, Narcoosees just has something in it ambience sitting on the water that makes it our choice.

GrmGrninGost
02-01-2008, 12:05 AM
For me, California Grill is the standard by which the others are measured! :mickey:

Natazu
02-01-2008, 04:22 AM
They are both very good and we've had excellent food, service, and a Wishes view from both. California Grill wins out for me. The view is breathtaking and the fireworks from there are nothing short of spectacular. I enjoyed the food at Cali just a little more than the food at Narcoossee's, but both are very good so it comes down to preference.

:ditto:

Cinderelley
02-01-2008, 05:14 AM
I'm assuming that the view of Wishes from the California Grill is more of a sweeping view of the park because of the higher angle whereas Narcoossee's is like the view from O'hana - just the top of the castle. Is this true?

SBETigg
02-01-2008, 06:29 AM
I'm assuming that the view of Wishes from the California Grill is more of a sweeping view of the park because of the higher angle whereas Narcoossee's is like the view from O'hana - just the top of the castle. Is this true?

Yes. Narcoossee's view is a little closer on than the 'Ohana view and not as on center. At the California Grill, also closer, you feel as if you are perched directly over the park watching the whole scene unfold in bursts around you and not just overhead.

Cinderelley
02-01-2008, 11:37 AM
Wow! California Grill has really pulled ahead.

jefmblrd
02-02-2008, 10:48 AM
I love both restaurants, but California Grill is my favorite in WDW. Some of the best sushi I have ever had.

The food is excellent in both places, but better at CG and the added fact that you are overlooking MK and can watch Wishes if you can get ADRs at the right time puts it way over the top.

Natazu
02-02-2008, 11:54 AM
I love both restaurants, but California Grill is my favorite in WDW. Some of the best sushi I have ever had.

The food is excellent in both places, but better at CG and the added fact that you are overlooking MK and can watch Wishes if you can get ADRs at the right time puts it way over the top.

Good input jef, that's something we don't discuss much when comparing CG to other places. I don't think about it cause I'm not much of a sushi eater. California Grill has a world class sushi chef, one of today's most sought after. Yoshi's fun just to watch, but the quality of the sushi at CG is incomparable.

SBETigg
02-02-2008, 01:22 PM
Good input jef, that's something we don't discuss much when comparing CG to other places. I don't think about it cause I'm not much of a sushi eater. California Grill has a world class sushi chef, one of today's most sought after. Yoshi's fun just to watch, but the quality of the sushi at CG is incomparable.

I loved the sushi! I had the spicy sushi, and it was drizzled with a creamy, spicy sauce that just made the whole dish. Incredible.

For fireworks viewing at CG, no matter the table view, I prefer to go out to the rooftop deck to watch because it is so amazing out there. The staff will cover your food to keep it warm, reheat, or use the opportunity to clear dishes, clean the table, and have dessert ready or presentation when you come back in. Also, if you're having an event, they have a photographer on hand to take a complimentary photo. It is one of the best pictures I have of us. We normally don't photograph well.

Cinderelley
02-03-2008, 01:07 AM
Hmmm, sounds like it's going to have to be CG. One of my DSs will be turning 18, and I'm sure he would love to try the sushi. It would be great to have a nice picture of his b-day celebration too. If you go outside to watch Wishes is it just wide open off the roof? I'm afraid of heights. :blush: If it is, is there a good table request to put in or can I just tell them a window seat and we'll be able to see Wishes?

jefmblrd
02-03-2008, 09:33 AM
You won't be disappointed in CG. As far as the observation deck goes, it is open with a railing around it. It's pretty big, so you may be able to stand in the middle area away from the railing, but you'll have to make that decision when you see it. The whole restaurant facing MK is glass windows, so seeing Wishes shouldn't be a problem. We've just gotten window seats when we've eaten there but asking won't hurt.