PDA

View Full Version : Need "Angling" Tips for May Trip

Hayden's Dad
01-31-2008, 10:27 AM
Hello my fellow Anglers. We are officialy going to the world May 12-17, and thanks to all of your tips I have a pretty good strategy for the the "teardrop" we will head that way around 11:00 and hang out til around 2:00 or 3:00 see if we can find some to the Robin Hood Characters or Darkwing Duck.

What about the area between the American Pavilion and Japan in Epcot, the International Gateway at Epcot, and the Oasis at Animal Kingdom. I have heard strategys for these places before but I am not real sure where the characters are in these areas. Thanks guys

joanna71985
01-31-2008, 02:11 PM
Hello my fellow Anglers. We are officialy going to the world May 12-17, and thanks to all of your tips I have a pretty good strategy for the the "teardrop" we will head that way around 11:00 and hang out til around 2:00 or 3:00 see if we can find some to the Robin Hood Characters or Darkwing Duck.

What about the area between the American Pavilion and Japan in Epcot, the International Gateway at Epcot, and the Oasis at Animal Kingdom. I have heard strategys for these places before but I am not real sure where the characters are in these areas. Thanks guys

AA is pretty much the same as Toontown (used for the same purpose). If there are characters out there, they will be next to the Liberty Inn in AA (right near where it goes from AA to Italy), near the path that goes back to a gate.

IG isn't used for anything special. Sometime Chip and Dale will be there, and once in a blue moon a random character will pop up.

Same goes for Oasis (the front of AK). The characters are just random characters, and can change every day. I have seen Chip and Dale, Rafiki, Brer Bear, Launchpad, among others. They will be on the right side, as you are walking in to the AK. They are after you pass security, but before you go through the turnstiles.

Hayden's Dad
01-31-2008, 02:15 PM
Thanks Johanna looks like AA will be my best bet, and I will just check in at the other two places if we happen to be going by there.

In general most of the characters that are going to be out are done by 6:00-6:30 right? Unless there is a party going on or they are in a dedicated spot like Toontown or the Character Connection.

joanna71985
01-31-2008, 02:21 PM
Thanks Johanna looks like AA will be my best bet, and I will just check in at the other two places if we happen to be going by there.

In general most of the characters that are going to be out are done by 6:00-6:30 right? Unless there is a party going on or they are in a dedicated spot like Toontown or the Character Connection.

Yes. The majority of character areas will be done by 6:30. I believe some of the exceptions are Toontown, UK, Camp Minnie-Mickey (it usually goes til park close), Boat Dock (the Pooh characters at AK- usually goes til closing), and a couple of other WS areas.

jpH/keD
02-01-2008, 02:54 PM
Hi Hayden's Dad!

Hey are you going during the Flower and Garden show? At Epcot all the cool bug characters come out during that time frame. I have cool pix from the last time we were there. Bug's Life bugs like Francis the ladybug and the roly poly potato beetle guys come out. Also Flik, Princess Atta and Princess Dot. They are all at Epcot for the F&G! You should be able to get a few of the not so easily found ones then! Happy hunting!:thumbsup:

Hayden's Dad
02-01-2008, 05:03 PM
Thanks guys. Yes we will be there during the F&G festival and two of the three days during "Characters in Bloom" so we will "bugging" (sorry couldn't help it) many of the CM's looking for the characters

joanna71985
02-01-2008, 07:18 PM
Hi Hayden's Dad!

Hey are you going during the Flower and Garden show? At Epcot all the cool bug characters come out during that time frame. I have cool pix from the last time we were there. Bug's Life bugs like Francis the ladybug and the roly poly potato beetle guys come out. Also Flik, Princess Atta and Princess Dot. They are all at Epcot for the F&G! You should be able to get a few of the not so easily found ones then! Happy hunting!:thumbsup:

Actually, the bug characters were not out last year.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
02-02-2008, 12:44 AM
You know, we should make shirts for the character hunting.

I completely forgot that May would be Characters in Bloom again.

Looks like I can fill the rest of my book up!

joanna71985
02-02-2008, 04:47 PM
You know, we should make shirts for the character hunting.

I completely forgot that May would be Characters in Bloom again.

Looks like I can fill the rest of my book up!

Sounds good to me! I would definitely get one.

Too bad I am missing Characters in Bloom by 2 days.:(

Hayden's Dad
02-04-2008, 01:00 PM
Where are the "Characters in Bloom"? Any place in particualr at Epcot? Would there be different characters on the different days or do you think they would be the same ones?

You know, we should make shirts for the character hunting

Just make sure they come in Toddler size too. :D

joanna71985
02-04-2008, 02:59 PM
Where are the "Characters in Bloom"? Any place in particualr at Epcot? Would there be different characters on the different days or do you think they would be the same ones?

Characters in Bloom is a special weekend (usually in May- I believe this year is May 16-18). There are a lot of rare characters in Epcot (mostly in the WS). The ones I met were:
*Disney Bear
*Baloo
*Aurora
*Genie
*Jasmine
*Aladdin
*Pooh
*Tigger
*Eeyore
*Jessie
*Buzz
*Woody
*Esmeralda
*And...all 7 Dwarves!!

I found them all in the WS. I can't believe I am missing it by 2 days.:(

Hayden's Dad
02-04-2008, 03:30 PM
Esmeralda
*And...all 7 Dwarves!!
Disney Bear

I definately wan tto meet them! Are the dwarves together or are they seperate?

joanna71985
02-04-2008, 04:42 PM
I definately wan tto meet them! Are the dwarves together or are they seperate?

It can be either. I have seen pictures of them together in a group, but last summer I got them all individually. It was awsome! Pics AND autographs.

Hayden's Dad
02-05-2008, 08:44 AM
That's cool where in WS should I look?

joanna71985
02-05-2008, 10:55 AM
That's cool where in WS should I look?

For the Dwarves I believe they were in Germany.

like2workout
02-05-2008, 11:22 AM
i read yesterday that characters in bloom will be march 28-30 this year. do you think that is accurate, that they have it again in may, or maybe what i saw is a typo? it was a site showing all events for the flower and garden festival for 2008.

Hayden's Dad
02-05-2008, 11:31 AM
I just saw that on Info Central. It must have changed recently I could have sworn it was going to be May 16-18 now it says that is the Garden Party Weekend. That stinks

Greenlawler
02-08-2008, 12:12 AM
Hayden's Dad, sorry I have not responded. I have been at the hospital all week. My youngest had RSV. As a dad of a "Special needs child" I know you understand the scary time any sickness brings. I think I have shared with you before that he has "Downs" and RSV is just plain yikes...he is better now and we are releived.

Anyways I think I have given you all the advice I can except...just ask for Darkwing Duck at the teardrop. Tell them you really want to meet him. They may say "he's not around" and blow you off or they may tell you to come back tomorrow. It never hurts to ask. I have always found being nice and assuring the attendants you love the characters is the best way to make wishes come true! They are awesome and that is exactly how we met Darkwing this year.

Hayden's Dad
02-08-2008, 08:41 AM
Hayden's Dad, sorry I have not responded. I have been at the hospital all week. My youngest had RSV. As a dad of a "Special needs child" I know you understand the scary time any sickness brings. I think I have shared with you before that he has "Downs" and RSV is just plain yikes...he is better now and we are releived.

I am glad to hear he is better. I hate going to the hospital it's nothing but stress. Have a litlle extra Pixe Dust. :pixie: You can never have enough.

Thanks for the advice for Darkwing. As you probably understand it won't mean a thing to Hayden, but DW and I grew up with DarkWIng Duck "Let's get Dangerous" and DuckTales. We were so excited last year when we met Scrooge McDuck.