PDA

View Full Version : The Princess storybook Dining in Akershus Royal banquet hall changes

Disneytravels
01-31-2008, 09:35 AM
Starting April 27th, 2008

The Princess storybook Dining in Akershus Royal banquet hall is raising prices. It will still be 1 dining service on the dining plan- Which is great!
The changes it is now going to include is Pictures!!!
1 6x8 4 4x6 pictures in a folder (just like the Castle breakfast)

Adult Holiday prices:
$32.99 B
$34.99 L
$39.99 D
Children(3-9) Holiday Prices:
$14.99 B
$15.99 L
$16.99 D

Regular Prices:
Adult Children (3-9)
$28.99 B $12.99 B
$30.99 L $13.99 L
$35.99 D $14.99 D

I think this is a good change for those on the dining plan!

luvkatiebug
01-31-2008, 10:36 AM
I made our reserations for May a few months ago, and I am glad that I was able too b/c it may get more in demand with the new phot options. I know it will cost more now, but those pictures with my 2 little princesses will be priceless!:princess::princess:

Mom2princesses
01-31-2008, 10:49 AM
:mad:Wow! I hate the pictures they take and I sure don't think the food is worth the money at all. Last time we did both CRT and Norway. Right now this looks like it is only $5.00 cheaper than CRT. I loved CRT and it was special because it was the Castle so I paid the extra money. But Norway just doesn't seem as special. Meeting the princesses was nice but enough already! If you are on the DDP it doesn't matter but paying OOP this hurts. The pictures they take are not very good and we never purchased them most of the time because my little one was not even looking at the camera.

I'm not happy about the change. My little one right now is a princess fanatic! :funny: But with these prices I'm not sure if we would go there again. I was thinking of trying breakfast next time because the food was not very good for dinner. This was probably our worst meal of our trip (food and service wise it was not a good experience but my little one seeing the princesses was fun).

Oh well we can't stop it but we don't have to like it. I bet the next step will be to make this a 2TS meal in 2009.

Hayden's Dad
01-31-2008, 11:04 AM
That is Awesome. More pictures to add to our photopass. I just can't justify spending an additional $30.00 for pictures and with it staying 1 TS that is great!!!:thumbsup: We are eating there in May

Disneyatic
01-31-2008, 11:42 AM
That is great! We always say that we are going to buy the pictures and then after seeing them they are so cute that we end up spending the $$ and getting them.
On both of our past trips the pictures taken with Belle at Akershaus have been some of the best pictures we got!

adoptionislove
01-31-2008, 11:53 AM
I don't really care about the prices. Heck, you spend so much at Disney what is a few more $ right?

I do like the picture idea, it is cute!

The breakfast is really good. I have never done the lunch/dinner tho.

Michelle

ljv1975
01-31-2008, 11:55 AM
We are going to this meal the first week of March, so I guess the photos won't be included yet. I read somewhere that Disney may start adding the pictures to a lot of the character meals because it is a good money maker for them.

I didn't even know that they took pictures at most of the character meals. Can you get all of these photos added to yor photopass? :confused:

rjmdds
01-31-2008, 11:56 AM
We'll just make it. We'll be there on April 29th. I would have been disappointed if we just missed it.

Mom2princesses
01-31-2008, 01:55 PM
I don't really care about the prices. Heck, you spend so much at Disney what is a few more $ right?

Michelle

I don't mind spending money either if I feel I am getting my money's worth. I do have a problem with not getting value for the money I spend. The picture and it is with just one princess (whoever is up front) is hurried and rushed and not very good most of the time. We took better pictures ourselves. Guess I didn't drink the koolaid today. But if you all like it good for you.

biodtl
01-31-2008, 04:23 PM
I'm excited about this change. We did CRT last time and loved it and the photos. But DD loves Belle the best and we have heard that she sometimes shows up at Akershus in her yellow gown. We're not banking on it, but if it happens, DD would be thrilled. The extra photos woud just be icing on the cake.

When we did the show at Poly and the photos were for sale we ended up passing, even though they turned out great because it was our last night and we were out of extra money. Having them included is a real treat.

SAHDad
01-31-2008, 05:25 PM
It's fine if you are on the dining plan, or if you routinely buy the pictures. If you aren't on the plan, and don't normally buy the pics, it's not a good change.

And, while it was fun earlier this year, we probably won't be visiting again unless we are on the dining plan. (I don't mind the pictures being an option, but I don't like them being forced on me.)

frakers
02-01-2008, 09:21 AM
I think the pictures should always be an option, not mandatory. Disney seems to be moving towards taking all the decision-making away from the guests though. The last change that bothered me was them deciding how much I would "tip" when I used our DDE card as AP holders. I'm an adult, I know how to determine the level of service I received and tip accordingly, yet Disney has decided they know ahead of time what my service will be like and charge me for it regardless of my own opinion. Now they are deciding for me that I will buy these photos before I ever get to see them as well. It seems to make no difference that the photos may be ones that didn't turn out well and I wouldn't want, I'm going to have to buy them anyway. Also, what's the deal with them charging Holiday dining rates for this location from May 25th through July 5th? Is there some extended Flag Day celebration this year in June that warrants that? So much about Disney lately just has me shaking my head in disgust and I never thought I'd be saying that. Oh well.

tinksmom02
02-02-2008, 11:40 PM
I didn't even know that they took pictures at most of the character meals. Can you get all of these photos added to yor photopass? :confused:

I think that you could get your character meal pictures added to your photopass, but only if you purchased the photo package. I know this was what I was told at CMs and Akershus.

I know that with CRT, which had pictures included with the price, we were given a card with a special photopass number. When I got home, we added it to our photopass card.

Oh, I just remembered, the pictures from CM weren't character pics. It was a family pic in front of a sign before we went in the restaurant. Like there should've been a character there, but wasn't. Didn't buy those. LOL