PDA

View Full Version : Infants at WDW?

jwallace378
01-31-2008, 08:26 AM
I have a new baby boy and he will be 6 months old when we go to WDW in April. We're staying in OKW for 6 nights. I've been to The World many times, but I'm a little nervous about bringing an infant. Can we bring him on the "slow" rides if we carry him; such as IaSW, WDW Railroad, TTA, etc? Any other suggestions of what to do in WDW with an infant would be appreciated. Thanks for any info!!

merlinmagic4
01-31-2008, 08:35 AM
I believe the "rule" is they can go on any ride without a height restriction! It's much easier to bring an infant than a mobile toddler :D Have a great trip :mickey:

faline
01-31-2008, 08:36 AM
You can certainly bring him on the rides you mention. Depending on your baby, you might have lots of fun with characters (Keep in mind, some small children are afraid of the characters so don't be upset if he doesn't want to interact with the characters).

I'm sure he'll love the parades and people watching, in general.

Be sure to take advantage of baby swap on the rides as well as the baby care centers.

Here are some general tips for taking babies to Disney World (http://intercot.com/infocentral/children/babytips.asp).

vamaggie
01-31-2008, 09:17 AM
Might be easy to take him in a carrier(Snuggli/Baby Bjorn etc) than just in your arms. Make sure he is used to riding in the carrier before you go--it took my DD about a month to really get comfortable in one. We took little ones on all you mentioned plus Peter Pan, Snow White, Pooh, Haunted Mansion (and a few more I'm sure I can't remember)
Have a great trip!

mickey&missy
01-31-2008, 11:50 AM
This question has come up a lot lately!

Our youngest DS will be 9 months when we go back to WDW in March. I got a Infantino EuroCarrier to carry him in on the rides we can take hin on. I feel a lot more comfortable with him attached to me, not just being held. The general rule of thumb is you can take a baby on anything without restrictions.

Good luck and have a great trip!

illini
01-31-2008, 12:44 PM
You will be amazed at the things you can take a baby on. It's a very accomodating place for wee ones.
I agree with taking some type of sling/wrap. It's nice on rides (you can't use it on all of them, IIRC), and also nice for when baby doesn't want to be in a stroller any more. You can only carry so long!

SAHDad
01-31-2008, 01:09 PM
As others have said, most rides without a height restriction are fine. Infants are much easier than toddlers and preschoolers, who tend to wiggle more, and are less likely to want to ride POTC.

We did find that Kilimanjaro Safari in AK put the munchkin to sleep each time he rode it. One of the bumpiest rides, possibly the bumpiest without a height restriction, and he would conk out within 3 minutes. :thumbsup: