PDA

View Full Version : Aladdin will enter the vault tomorrow...

magicofdisney
01-31-2008, 08:15 AM
I've never seen this movie. I'm trying to decide if I should purchase it before it goes into the vault. What are the opinions out there? Aladdin II and III are being tucked away as well. Should I consider either of these movies? Thanks for any input.

Melanie
01-31-2008, 08:31 AM
Aladdin is my all time favorite Disney animated film. Irresistable hero, spunky princess, great villian, cute sidekicks and the Genie steals the show. And the soundtrack is wonderful - Alan Menken and Howard Ashman were genius together, and this was Ashman's last Disney work before his death.

I'm biased, but I say BUY IT! :thumbsup:

As for II and III - skip 'em!

Jeff
01-31-2008, 08:39 AM
Aladdin is worth watching for the Genie scenes alone. It is a very good movie.:thumbsup:

IloveJack
01-31-2008, 09:09 AM
Aladdin is definitely worth buying. I could probably quote that movie from "Oh I come from a land, from a far away place..." to "Made you look!" without any help.* Now as for II and III, worth renting, but don't bother buying.

*My brother and I watched the movie every afternoon after school for weeks when this came out. We'd just been allowed to stay home alone, and had nothing better to do. :blush:

sleepingbooty
01-31-2008, 12:24 PM
When did it come out for sale? I never saw any adverts or noticed it at the stores???

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
01-31-2008, 12:37 PM
This is my absolute favorite Disney Classic bar none! A good hero, a spunky princess, the Genie, funniest cartoon character since Homer,the scariest villain Jafar (when he does his evil laugh when he becomes a sorcerer....scaryyy)

I did enjoy Alladin 2 but have never seen 3

magicofdisney
01-31-2008, 02:01 PM
When did it come out for sale? I never saw any adverts or noticed it at the stores???
I don't know when they were re-released, but I'm a member of the Disney Movie Club and I got an email saying today is the last day to get them. I'm thinking if there's inventory in the stores, they'll stick around until they're gone, just won't be able to re-order anymore.

magicofdisney
01-31-2008, 02:14 PM
Thanks for the replies. I just placed my order for Aladdin. I decided to skip II and III. :mickey: