PDA

View Full Version : DD 21st bday dinner-marraksh,wcc,ohana?

Briansmom
01-30-2008, 11:46 PM
Hi everyone!

During our magical trip for our special DS9 we have planned for May, we will also be celebrating our DD's 21st birthday during one of our dinners. We are trying to find out which place has the best birthday celebration for a 21 year old at one of these three places that we have ADR's... Marrakesh, Ohana's or Whispering Canyon. Anyone have any knowledge of the birthday experiences at any of these places? :party:

I just want it to be a special 21st birthday for her! (already heard from her "Strawberry Dacquiri, Mom!") :cheers: geez...kiddies..

mrsgaribaldi
01-31-2008, 03:38 AM
My favorite place for a birthday dinner is California Grill. I've spent many a birthday night there, timed to see Wishes from the outside viewing area. I'll be doing it again this Feb 8th too:mickey: I think it would make a great 21st birthday dinner. It was awesome for my 40th:blush:

RoosMomKanga
01-31-2008, 09:16 AM
If you have to chose those 3, I'm guessing WC, although we haven't done that one (only the other 2). I'm guessing since WC is more upscale that it will be more appropriate for a 21 party? It depends on your daughter too- my DD is 20 and although she had fun belly-dancing at 4 at Marrakesh and broom-racing at 9 at O'Hanas, no way would she want that now. I know she'd definately pick Whispering Canyon:party::marg:. Call the restaurant directly and ask them what they can do...or I'm sure someone will be along to help with WC....

Kairi_7378
01-31-2008, 01:13 PM
Of your choices, I think that O'hana would be the best for a 21-year-old's birthday dinner. After dinner (if you have room!) you can sit out on the beach with an adult beverage and watch Wishes.

Jared
01-31-2008, 01:19 PM
Of the three restaurants you mentioned, I definitely recommend 'Ohana for both food and atmosphere. Your daughter will love the birthday celebration, and then you can continue the festivities by watching Wishes on the Polynesian beach.

:tasty:

TheRustyScupper
01-31-2008, 01:20 PM
1) I did not have a 21st-Birthday dinner.
2) I had a 21st-Birthday drink.
3) In fact, several more 21st-Birthday drinks.
4) Whether you want to imbibe or not, I would do Raglan Road.
5) Few people celebrate 21st-birthdays like the Irish.
6) OK, maybe us Hungarians.
7) It would make a nice dinner and celebration.

By the way,
Egé szé gé re! (Hungarian for "Cheers")
Slainte! (Irish for "Cheers")

ElenitaB
01-31-2008, 02:07 PM
I'm with Stephanie on this one! I would forgo the festivities at 'Ohana (to be honest, I wasn't a fan when we celebrated my DS's 6th birthday there), the zaniness at WCC. Marrakesh just might be the best of the three you suggested.

However, considering that you're celebrating her 21st birthday and all the fabulousness (is that a word?) of that event, California Grill would be my pic as well. It's a great venue with great food! And I know that they do birthdays celebration very well there. (Short of that, there's always special mom/daughter time to be had at the Grand Floridian's Afternoon Tea).