PDA

View Full Version : Dining Reservation Question

WDW1985
01-30-2008, 11:28 PM
Hi Everyone,

My Dad and Mom are going to WDW on a whim in 2 weeks and have zilch planned in the food department. I thought they would have a tough time getting reservations, but they'll try anyway. I was just wondering if you can suggest any Disney Restaurants that seem to have more availability than others on the whole.

Thanks!

wdw1985
:mickey:

Mickey 101
01-31-2008, 01:07 AM
We have been successful with Boma, Jiko, 'Ohana and Hollywood Brown Derby even during busier times of the year. Things are constantly changing due to the dining plan, but hopefully they'll be able to find some availability.

WRWDisney
01-31-2008, 07:28 AM
Another one that I would suggest is Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge. It is amazing and for some reason has not been as crowded when we have been there. Maybe it is because it is a more adult restaurant, or maybe because on the dining plan it is a 2TS credit restaurant :shrug:

Another nice thing is that with it being at WL, is that it is more accessible without a car. It is a boat ride away from both the MK and the Contemporary and thus if you are at any of the Monorail hotels or Epcot, also very convenient.

We love it :thumbsup:

vamaggie
01-31-2008, 08:42 AM
We had luck getting into Marrakesh. The food was really good--flavorful but not too exotic flavors. IT was very nice and IMO would be good for a couple w/o kids along.

tinkerbell04
01-31-2008, 09:35 AM
WE have had luck getting into the following on a last minute basis, sometimes even the day of:
The Maya Grill in Coronado Springs
The Yacht Club Galley, although I think it reopened this month under a different name in the Yacht Club
Olivia's in OKW, although not quite as good as it used to be
The Turf Club in Saratoga Springs

We have enjoyed all of our meals at these restaurants in the past. I would suggest that they call now and give the dining CM their date and ask what is available, they might be surprised as to what is open.:mickey:

jedi jen
01-31-2008, 09:58 AM
I suggest Kona at the Polynesian, and eating at one of the countries at Epcot. Plus, I think if you call ahead,sometimes the CMs will help you and tell you what is available.

DDuck66
01-31-2008, 10:52 AM
Also try and eat at odd times...try for a late lunch or an early dinner. With 2 people we often are able to get in with very little notice. Also, last week there were many places that we taking walk ups with only a 20 to 30 minute wait.

magicofdisney
01-31-2008, 04:06 PM
This might be the best time of year to go to Disney on a whim. We just made reservations for Trail's End for a party of 8. I called about 10 days in advance. You don't say if they're on the DDP. If they are, Trail's End won't be the best use of a TS credit.

SignguyTom
01-31-2008, 04:55 PM
My first suggestion would be to try for the restaurants that you want in the beginning. You might just luck into some. Be flexible with your times and see what you can find.

As for the restaurants with more availability, you will generally have better luck overall at the ones at the resorts, instead of in the parks.

Janmac
01-31-2008, 06:23 PM
Agree with Marrakesh and Trail's End Kitchen. Another one to try, since they are a party of two, is Nine Dragons at China. That's a large restaurant.

Also agree with the resort restaurants. We only started eating at them a couple of trips ago and they are becoming our favorite places to eat.

Maybe they should try the Concourse Steakhouse, as it's closing soon. Sure wish I could eat there one more time!

Jan

aurorafan
02-01-2008, 08:29 AM
A friend and I are in the same boat, and just made ressies for President's Day week. I called yesterday and was able to get into Kona, Teppan Edo, Coral Reef, Tutto Italia, Crystal Palace, Yak & Yeti and Spoodles with no problems :). Teppan Edo and Coral Reef are lunch, there were no dinners available, but we're okay with that ;). I was very pleasantly surprised, because with it being a holiday week I thought for sure I wouldn't find anything lol.

So it just goes to show you never know :D. I agree with the other poster--try what you want first, and if they don't have it ask what's open--the CM's were very helpful :thumbsup: