PDA

View Full Version : Reservations for Kidani Village?

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
01-30-2008, 07:55 PM
Sorry if this has been asked before, but does anyone know if/when Disney will begin taking reservations for the Kidani Village units? We are planning a big trip in June or July of 2009 and this is our home resort so we'll be able to make reservations in July or August of this year. I don't think the units are supposed to be done at the time we need to make the reservations, but ARE supposed to be finished in early 2009. I'm just curious if I'll have trouble making plans.

Wendy

wendy*darling
01-30-2008, 11:35 PM
Since AKV is your Home Resort- I believe you will be able to make your reservations at the 11 month mark without a problem.

If we do not hear an announcement by mid summer when you have to call, I would let them know that you would prefer Kidani (if that's the case).

FiggyFan
02-01-2008, 12:09 PM
Are the Kidani Village units a distinct room type/class from the units in the original Lodge building? It would be nice to know which building you will be in when you make a reservation.

BWV used to accept "requests" for BW view rooms - their popularity led them to make these rooms a distinct class.

Horizon93
02-01-2008, 06:52 PM
Once Kidani reservations open, you will have a choice. When you make your reservation you will specify whether you want Kidani or Jambo. That will be guaranteed and on your confirmation.

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
02-01-2008, 07:05 PM
Thanks for the information! The swimming area at Kidani Village looks great, so I'm sure the kids would prefer to stay there. Plus, it seems that many of the units there have a savannah view which we would also like. Our trip will be to celebrate my son's high school graduation so we have agreed to request a 2BR for the 4 of us (2 parents and 2 kids) so everyone can have their own "space". It should be a great trip.

Wendy

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
02-02-2008, 09:29 PM
I went ahead and e-mailed member services about this. Here is the reply I received:

"Thank you for contacting Member Services. We do not have a date in 2009 set when Kidani Village will begin opening for reservations. When you make reservations, you will specifically book a reservation for the Jambo House or Kidani Village."

So, I guess if they aren't take reservations for Kidani yet this summer, we'll book the Jambo House and let them know we'd like to switch to Kidani when available.

Horizon93
02-03-2008, 11:38 AM
I went ahead and e-mailed member services about this. Here is the reply I received:

"Thank you for contacting Member Services. We do not have a date in 2009 set when Kidani Village will begin opening for reservations. When you make reservations, you will specifically book a reservation for the Jambo House or Kidani Village."

So, I guess if they aren't take reservations for Kidani yet this summer, we'll book the Jambo House and let them know we'd like to switch to Kidani when available.

When I spoke with my guide, he hinted that there might be some availability as early as late 2008, possibly for December. From what i hear, Kidani will open in phases. Judging by photos that I have seen, they are really moving.

Member Services clearly can't announce a date when Kidani will be able to be booked, because construction schedules are unpredictable. I do believe that there will be some availability
by early 2009. Here's hoping!

Deesdisney
02-08-2008, 11:04 AM
I have been interested in buying into the AKL villas so when we went down there just this past week I went by and checked it out. They are moving really fast. I did not expect it to be this far. They look like they are done doing the floors and will be starting the roof.