PDA

View Full Version : Good coffee??

steinx3
01-30-2008, 04:33 PM
We live in a rural part of Wisconsin & one of the things I LOVE when we are traveling is the chance to have good coffee drinks (i.e. lattes, etc.), but this seems to be one area where Disney lacks. I find that surprising given that the place in Epcot is always packed when we try to go there and the demand popularity of places like Starbucks.

Doese anyone know if there are other places in WDW that has that type of coffee selection (I think Poly has something too?)? Are there plans on offering more places?

baby minnie's mommy
01-30-2008, 04:57 PM
If you go to the Poly in the morning, they have "Kona Island" that sells kona coffee and coffee drinks and pastries. It was right by Kona Cafe, and is only open in the morning. The Contemporary also has a "to go" coffee shop on it's first floor, called Contemporary Grounds.

I'm not sure what coffee place at Epcot you're refering too, but:
Several walk-up places throughout MK and Epcot you can get coffee drinks.
AK has one on the left headed towards the Safari (Kusafari Coffee Shop and Bakery).
Don't know yet about DHStudios.
DTD has a stand by WoD.

The coffee selections may not be extensive at the walk ups, but I enjoy getting a hot mocha at them. :mcoffee:

Hope this helps a bit!

SAHDad
01-30-2008, 05:45 PM
Writer's Stop (in DS) had pretty good coffee, when I was there a couple weeks ago. Much better than the coffee in most of the sit-downs.

Jared
01-30-2008, 06:28 PM
Unfortunately, Walt Disney World has an exclusive contract with Nestle, so almost every establishment serves Nescafe, which most members on the boards find almost undrinkable.

At the Polynesian, there is a stand just outside Kona Cafe that serves the same delicious coffee from the restaurant and fresh pastries suitable for a quick breakfast.

Interestingly, Nescafe is the most common type of coffee throughout parts of Europe, while the brewed mud we drink in this country in considered unusual.

Jillirose
01-30-2008, 07:15 PM
It must be a northern thing! I'm from MI and posted the same question. Click on my name and then read all posts... there's a thread on coffee that got 19 responses. One was an article on all the best coffee places... however, some are not around anymore. :surf:

I would agree that The Writer's Stop at MGM was the best I found last time at the world.

baby minnie's mommy
01-30-2008, 10:38 PM
I'm southern and don't like the Nescafe coffee either...:D Although I must be getting more tolerant to it. I used to barely stand it, now I'll actually buy it and enjoy it at Disney, I guess because I don't have another option. Since I love hot mochas, getting those instead of reg. coffee really helps while at Disney.

I forgot to mention that at DTD Ghirardelli sells coffee drinks, and I read here on a menu that Earl of Sandwich sells Kona coffee for breakfast.

WDW1985
01-31-2008, 10:33 AM
I'm southern and don't like the Nescafe coffee either...:D Although I must be getting more tolerant to it. I used to barely stand it, now I'll actually buy it and enjoy it at Disney, I guess because I don't have another option. Since I love hot mochas, getting those instead of reg. coffee really helps while at Disney.

Desperation causes us to do crazy things, like drink Nescafe!!! Oh that stuff is awful. :sick: Why Disney, WHY?!?!?!

You can always bring some Folgers singles I guess, but they're not much better.

Best of Luck!

wdw1985
:mickey:

sillyolbear
01-31-2008, 10:58 AM
Don't know yet about DHStudios.

I seem to remember Starring Rolls at DHS having pretty good coffee.

LauraF
01-31-2008, 12:12 PM
My father (the coffee drinker) always brought a bag of Dunkin Donuts coffee and brewed it in the hotel room every morning - what a great smell to wake up to!