PDA

View Full Version : Sad Question

mouseaddict
01-30-2008, 03:16 PM
Ok..my fellow DVCers...here is the condensed story. We bought last year and my BIL decided to buy after seeing how great DVC life is. Sadly my MIL was recently diagnosed with lung cancer. Unfortunately she has no insurance and we are all going to have to help with the bills. My BIL is thinking of selling off his DVC. The problem is that he took out a loan through DVC. So they get first "offer". I imagine he will take a beating, but how bad will it be? Does anyone know?
Thanks for any info you may have.

wendy*darling
01-30-2008, 04:15 PM
That is sad news... but there is always a market for resale, so he may be able to work this out.

I suggest he make a call to his DVC Guide, and also to the Timeshare Store (http://www.dvc-resales.com/)(our sponsor) to see what options he has.

MinnieMommie
01-30-2008, 09:24 PM
Ok..my fellow DVCers...here is the condensed story. We bought last year and my BIL decided to buy after seeing how great DVC life is. Sadly my MIL was recently diagnosed with lung cancer. Unfortunately she has no insurance and we are all going to have to help with the bills. My BIL is thinking of selling off his DVC. The problem is that he took out a loan through DVC. So they get first "offer". I imagine he will take a beating, but how bad will it be? Does anyone know?
Thanks for any info you may have.

Michelle I am so sorry to learn about your MIL. I will keep her and your family in my prayers. Wendy gave good advice about the resale market. I will keep my fingers crossed that it will work out.

vizsla
01-31-2008, 05:31 AM
So sorry to hear about your MIL. As already mentioned, check into the resale market if you are going to sell. Disney does have the "right of refusal" on any sale on the resale market, but that usually happens only if the points are selling at to low of a price. If you decide to sell on the resale market they will help you with everything.