PDA

View Full Version : Requesting a Bunk bed room

mommyprincess
01-30-2008, 03:13 PM
We have made our reservations at the WL for May 29-June 5. We reserved a bunk bed room with a "wooded view". How quiet are these rooms and what kind of view does this afford me? Let the countdown begin:mickey:

BrerGnat
01-30-2008, 03:51 PM
You will either overlook the Otter Pond on the North side of the resort (facing MK) or you will have a view of the Villas next door.

Both views are quiet. The Villas side is more quiet, since on the North side of the building, you pick up the sound of the ferry boat going over the "water bridge" between WL and Contemporary, and it toots its horn every time...day and night.

CleveRocks
01-30-2008, 09:52 PM
We have made our reservations at the WL for May 29-June 5. We reserved a bunk bed room with a "wooded view". How quiet are these rooms and what kind of view does this afford me? Let the countdown begin:mickey:

Here's a very important question ... did you REQUEST a bunk bed room or did you RESERVE a bunk bed room???

The reason I ask is that a bunk bed room costs more than a standard room. Everyone who reserved and paid for one would be in line ahead of anyone who merely requested one. And then since it costs more, there is no reason to believe that a request will be granted as a free upgrade.

I just wanted to make sure, so you don't get disappointed ....:mickey:

mommyprincess
02-01-2008, 12:06 PM
I have reserved a bunk bed room.

AllTheWorldsAStage
02-04-2008, 06:27 PM
We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge in August 2005. We booked a "standard view" room with bunk beds and got upgraded to a courtyard view with bunk beds at check-in for no extra charge (lucky us!)

The woods view rooms that face the Magic Kingdom have the added bonus of being able to get a "partial view" of the MK fireworks each night. I say "partial view" because some of those evergreen trees at WL are REALLY tall. If you are on the 4th floor or lower, you probably won't see much. All of us courtyard view people would walk down the hall and look out the windows in the hall on the 6th floor to see the fireworks. I'm sure the experience will be better on your own balcony!