PDA

View Full Version : 2008 NJ Teachers Convention

PammyPoohBear
01-30-2008, 01:43 PM
Hi Everyone!
I am trying to plan a surprise trip to Disney World this Autumn for my moms 60th birthday! Her birthday is October 27th and I want to plan it for sometime around then! What weeks would be the best to go? I want SMALL CROWDS and COOLER WEATHER!! :mickey: I know the NJ Teachers Convention is sometime around this time so I want to try and avoid that! ;) Everyone's opinions would be GREATLY appreciated!! :yay:

prprincess
01-30-2008, 02:10 PM
My mom's a teacher here in NJ. I looked online for both her school district's 2008-2009 calendar, and on NJEA's webpage and neither of them have anything posted yet. Hopefully someone else here will come along and help. If not, you might have to wait a little while longer, until they post their calendars/schedules to find out.

vamaggie
01-30-2008, 02:14 PM
We went this past Nov (1-6) and I think the teachers convention was the end of that week. It is usually around the beginning of Nov-although with the election I don't know if it will be different this year. Either way, the crowds did not seem to be too bad to us (we also went in 04 at the same time and low crowds too). We only waited for a few rides (altho Soarin was too long & fast pass too late for us) and did not seem to bothered by the crowds. We love to go late Oct/early Nov. Make sure to do the MNSSHP--it is awesome!

vamaggie
01-30-2008, 02:16 PM
Oh. weather at that time is good but I would not say cooler. We wore shorts and tees every day and had a sweatshirt for night. It was nice and we did not think too warm.

Bohms4
01-30-2008, 02:19 PM
NJ teachers convention is the 1st Thursday and Friday in November. So for 2008 it will be Nov. 6th & 7th.