PDA

View Full Version : Travel to resort dining

lovedisneyworld
01-30-2008, 11:48 AM
Where can I find info on how to get to each resort for dining. I am staying onsite at POR, but want to utilize my time the best and I am trying to plan by ADRs so I can cut down on travel from bus to bus etc. Thanks for the info.

Tygger7
01-30-2008, 12:27 PM
I'm sure this info is posted here on Intercot somewhere, probably under Info Central, but here are some things to keep in mind:

1. You can't go directly from hotel to hotel, unless you're going between hotels on the monorail line, or taking the boat from the WL to Contemporary. For example, there's not a bus that runs from Port Orleans directly to the Wilderness Lodge. From your location, if you want to go directly to another hotel, your best bet would be to take the bus or boat to Downtown Disney and then catch the hotel bus you want from there.

2. Allow more time than you think you'll need. I always head towards my dinner location at least one hour before my ADR. It always takes longer than you think it should. If I do get to my ADR early, I check in and then explore the hotel (or area immediately around the restaurant, if in one of the parks.)

3. Utilize monorails & boats as much as possible. Most of the time, they're faster, and less crowded. Plus, I like them more than the buses. :D

If you have specific questions about getting between 2 locations, feel free to PM me and I'd be happy to help. :party:

ElenitaB
01-30-2008, 12:30 PM
There are several ways to skin this cat. When travelling to a resort on the monorail loop, you can take a bus to the MK and then transfer to the resorts monorail there. If you're going to an Epcot-area resort (Boardwalk, Yacht & Beach Club), you can take a bus to DHS (the park formerly known as MGM Studios) and then transfer to the ferry that takes you to these resorts. For AKL or the All Stars Resorts, a bus to AK would put you in the general vicinity, and then you would switch to a bus to your destination resort.

Of course, time of day and which park is opening first will have a role in your decision. Many suggest taking a bus to DTD and then taking a bus from there to your destination, however I've had pretty long waits for buses to my resort there so I really don't consider that as an option.