PDA

View Full Version : Seperate beds?

jeddalynn
01-29-2008, 10:54 PM
I have kind of an interesting situation!

I'm celebrating finish college with a trip to Disney World. I'm going with my husband, brother-in-law, and best female friend.

Any reccomendations on affordable accomadations? I'd like to share a bed with my husband and let my friend and brother-in-law have seperate beds.

I'd love some advice!

chicade88
01-29-2008, 11:05 PM
The only thing I could think of would maybe be the trundle bed rooms at POR, although I've heard those can be kind of cramped; or maybe getting an All Stars suite. Those would probably be your cheapest options - I'm sure there's some others that may work as well (cabins or other suites come to mind).

jeddalynn
01-29-2008, 11:15 PM
Thanks!

Sorry, I'm not up on the Disney Lingo. What's "POR"? A trundle bed would be fantastic!

katzctkpt
01-29-2008, 11:25 PM
POR is Port Orleans Riverside. The trundle beds are about like a bed at church camp not to comfy and fits someone around 5 ft tall. By the way welcome to intercot. You can go on intercot to the info central tab and look for abbreviations to help. You'll need it if you stay on here a lot.
My family loves POR. I would suggest maybe an adjoining room at a value resort or if money isn't an issue then an adjoining room at POR or POFQ(Port Orleans French Quarter).
Good luck in your search.

BronxTigger
01-30-2008, 06:16 AM
You have a few options.

Two connecting value rooms. This would give you 4 double beds and 2 bathrooms.

The trundle bed at Port Orleans Riverside, although I have heard the trundle bed is small, so this may not actually be an option for you.

Wilderness Lodge has some rooms with bunk beds. I believe they are standard twin mattresses, so this may work for you.

One thing to remember is that they will charge you extra for the 3rd and 4th adult, so 2 connecting rooms at a value may be cheaper, and you'd also get more space and bathrooms.

You could also look into a family suite at All Star Music, but those use convertible chairs/sofas for some of the beds to accommodate up to 6 people. Another option is the Ft. Wilderness Cabins; they sleep up to 6 but I'm not sure of their sleeping configurations. With both of these options you get at least a kitchenette.

SBETigg
01-30-2008, 06:26 AM
A lot of the deluxe resorts offer two queens and a day bed. The day beds are pretty comfortable and do suit a medium sized adult. Over six feet may have problems.

If your budget allows, try the Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Contemporary, Beach or Yacht Club, or Boardwalk. Just make sure your primary room request is to have a room with the day bed. Or, as previously suggested, two rooms at a value resort would give you the maximum privacy with four beds and an extra bathroom.

vamaggie
01-30-2008, 08:15 AM
We stayed at the Poly in Nov and were amazed at how big the room was. There were 2 queen beds and a day bed (that I was able to lie down in and I'm 5'7"). The room was MUCH bigger than a WL room with bunk beds (we stayed in one of those in 04) There was also a chair w/ ottoman and still plenty of room to walk around. The only thing that may be an issue is the bathroom. There was only one room so only one person (or the couple if you don't mind that) could use any parts at one time. 2 rooms at a Value may be better as long as BIL & friend don't mind sharing a room/bathroom alone.

jeddalynn
01-31-2008, 12:20 PM
:mickey: Thanks to everyone who posted for the information! It was exactly what I needed. I'm going to run the numbers on some of these places and see what works out.

BrerGnat
01-31-2008, 03:37 PM
Honestly, I can see a lot of problems trying to fit that particular group of adults in one room.

For one thing, lack of privacy for you and your husband. ;)

Secondly, ONE bathroom...might be a problem at times/will take twice as long for everyone to do showers, etc, and be ready to go when you need to leave.

Third, awkwardness between your BIL and best friend if they have to share a room and are not very good friends, at least.

I don't know...personally, I'd look into the Disney Vacation Villas as an option if you all really want to room together, or if not, just get separate rooms at a Value or Moderate resort.

magicofdisney
01-31-2008, 03:42 PM
You might like this option. One time we were staying at a value, one of the All Stars but I can't remember which one. We requested connecting rooms (rooms with a connecting door inside). I was given a room with a king bed and my mom and sister were give a room with two full size beds. That sounds like an ideal situation for your traveling party. GL and have fun! :mickey:

jeddalynn
01-31-2008, 11:39 PM
So we've talked it over and decided it would be best for us to go with adjoining rooms at All Star Movies. I was told on the phone, however that they can't guarantee that they will connect. That would be ok too, since we have a limited time and will basically only be in the room to sleep. My friend and I will share a room and my husband and his brother will share a room.

Thanks to all! I never would have thought of adjoining rooms but that seems to be the ticket!:)

crltkcagle
02-01-2008, 10:36 AM
ASM is a fun place your going to love it! Have a great trip and congrats on your college graduation!

jeddalynn
02-02-2008, 07:28 AM
ASM is a fun place your going to love it! Have a great trip and congrats on your college graduation!

Thanks Crltkcagle! I went to ASM last March when I took my rather skeptical husband to Disney World. I think he fell in love the moment we stepped off the plane and followed the red carpet and smiling/waving cast members to the bus. :) He couldn't stop snapping pictures.

wendy*darling
02-02-2008, 01:31 PM
One more suggestion- Pop Century. Also a value resort- same prices as All Stars.
You could request connecting rooms here as well.
I think Pop is just a tad nicer than the All Stars- and fun theming from the 50's to the 90's. Great food court and only one, conveniently located bus stop for the whole resort.

E-OR
02-02-2008, 01:31 PM
I have two boys who have not slept in the same bed since they were really little. They are now 23 and 18 and once in a while we still get to go on a vacation all together. We used to get a blow up mattress and the younger one slept on it. It worked for our family for several years, but now we stay at a resort that either has bunks (Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom Lodge) or we stay at a moderate and have a roll-away brought in. It works for us and everyone is happy. We did stay once at AKL and got one queen, one bunk bed, and a day bed.

Hull-onian
02-02-2008, 07:48 PM
I have kind of an interesting situation!

I'm celebrating finish college with a trip to Disney World. I'm going with my husband, brother-in-law, and best female friend.

Any reccomendations on affordable accomadations? I'd like to share a bed with my husband and let my friend and brother-in-law have seperate beds.

I'd love some advice!

We sort of looked at All Star Music for the suite. There will be four of us also. We decided on All Star Sports with two connecting rooms. It is reasonable. We will have two bathrooms and four beds. Perfect. You should think about it. Whatever you decide, it's all good.:high5: Congrats on graduating from college!!!:woohoo: