PDA

View Full Version : what restaurant is this?

3beauties
01-29-2008, 07:46 PM
Hi,
Last August i was on the escalator leaving the Garden Grille and i seen a bunch of kids with chef hats on. what restaurant is this? What were they doing? I promised my girls i'd find out and take them but i can't find any info on this. is this something you need reservations for?
thanks

EpcotMonique
01-29-2008, 08:41 PM
This is one of my kids favorite activities; it's the Nestle Junior Chef Program in the Land. No ressies required..just show up. Its only about a 1/2 hour long and the kids learn to make and bake Nestle chocolate chip cookies. They even get one (previously baked) to eat!

This is one of this hidden gems that we take advantage of during midday when we all need a little break!

Flower
01-29-2008, 09:05 PM
My 3.5 year old LOVED baking the cookies there!

It is located in The Land on the lower level in the corner, diagonal from where the Garden Grille is located but on the lower level.

You do not need reservations but you have to line up and space is limited, there is a sign posted with the times, off hand I believe they do it once an hour on the half hour.

When Brandon did it there was about 14 kids which they divided into 2 groups. Each group stood behind the tables facing the parents so we could see what was going on.

Each child was given a job to do, one would pour in the flour, next would put in the sugar, etc. Brandon got to be the kids who put in the chocolate chips - I was the mortified parent waiting for him to a)drop the bag all over the place b)start eating all of the chocolate chips like he does at home! He did neither so I was happy!

Once all of the ingredients are in in the bowl, each child gets a turn stirring the batter and then each gets to plop down 2 cookies on the cookie sheet.

The cookie sheets are then placed in the 'magic oven'. The cast members baking the cookies with the kids then tell a brief story about the toll house cookie and suddenly the oven chimes & the cookies are magically done, cooled, and placed in cookie bags fresh out of the magic oven for all of the kids to eat.

It was very cute and very fun!

3beauties
01-29-2008, 09:13 PM
that sounds like so much fun, the kids will love it. how much does this cost?

BirdsOfPreyDave
01-29-2008, 10:18 PM
No cost. Just get in the line at the right time.