PDA

View Full Version : July 4th MK Fireworks

gojoe
01-29-2008, 06:28 PM
We will be at BWV for the 1st week in July. I hear MK is a sells out for the 4th. It's my birthday, I hear the fireworks are incredible and not to be missed. Does anybody know if they have the 4th's Fireworks on the 3rd too. If not I'm making my family spend the whole day at MK and I know they will want to kill me. We alway head back to our resort for the heat of the day.

me...
01-29-2008, 07:59 PM
Yeeeeeeep they have Fantasy in the Sky on the 3rd at 9pm. That night is also Mk's EMH til 4am. So it wouldn't be a bad day to go : )

Hope you have a blast (no pun intended) and a Happy Birthday!

wdwfansince75
01-29-2008, 10:38 PM
Three of our trips included the Fourth. (One year ((99?)), the extreme drought caused them to cancel fireworks for the entire week) Avoided MK for most of the day. Some of us went to the MK in the late afternoon. I was told that even when the park is at capacity, they still admit on-site guests.

The fireworks on the 3rd and 4th are really special, and are viewable from anywhere around the lagoon. The docks at Poly and Grand Floridian are packed, as are the beaches for both resorts. Watched it one year from the parking lot in front of the late, lamented North Wing of the Contemporary. Frankly, thought that that view was more spectacular than from inside the park.

faline
01-30-2008, 08:59 AM
And, at times like this, they restrict access to the Poly and some other areas to those who are staying at those resorts.

If you plan to be in the Magic Kingdom on one of those days, I'd suggest arriving early and planning to stay for the duration.

Ed
01-30-2008, 01:50 PM
If you plan to be in the Magic Kingdom on one of those days, I'd suggest arriving early and planning to stay for the duration.

In addition, be prepared for what has historically been one of the most crowded days at ALL the WDW parks. Crowded as in shoulder-to-shoulder, slow-moving, long-lines, hot-and-sweaty.... I'm sure you get the picture!

DizneyRox
01-30-2008, 07:39 PM
I'll also add, there isn't much difference in attendence between the 3rd and the 4th.

We went on the third once, and ended up watching the fireworks from just about under the train station. It was shoulder to shoulder with kids piled up on people so they could see, etc.

Crazy I tell you!

gojoe
02-01-2008, 04:43 AM
Thank you all for the info. It sounds like the 3rd is just a tad better. We're making all our ADR and plans for our trip this weekend. Trying Universal for one day while we're there wish me luck on that. Doing it in one day, mad dash then out. Only renting a car at Swan for one day. Have a Magical Day. GoJoe:cool: