PDA

View Full Version : Yak & Yeti Counter Service

TexasPrincessAurora
01-29-2008, 02:02 PM
Has the Yak & Yeti Counter Service opened yet? All I've seen are reviews and menus from the table service portion. Does anyone have info on the CS half?

SurferStitch
01-29-2008, 03:19 PM
It's definitely open. We ate there in December.

The menu is in Info Central if you wanted to check it out.

CandleontheWater
01-29-2008, 09:18 PM
We ate there in Oct and thought it was good. Its a little different than your typical burgers and chicken fingers, but it was a welcome change. I had the honey chicken and found it to be pretty decent, even a notch above typical take out Chinese. The one complaint I had was that it was a little bland, but I was able to find some hot pepper sauce to spice it up a little. I'm sure that they make it bland on purpose, because most people don't like spicy foods, but I hoped it would have a little kick. The seating area was pretty nice too, but I thought it might be a little small. It probably will get crowded as more people realize that it is open and it may be difficult to find a table, esp. one in the shade. I don't know if it will surpass Flame Tree for my favorite AK CS meal, but I do plan on trying it again next week.

TexasPrincessAurora
01-29-2008, 10:25 PM
Is the seating inside or outside, like Flame Tree? Is the seating area for the CS as atsmospheric as the TS area?

jeremyleo
02-05-2008, 10:34 AM
We just got back and ate at the CS for lunch one day. I will say that the Kung Pao Beef was excellent (and very spicy). DW enjoyed the Honey Chicken but would have liked a bit more sauce. Portions were very generous.

The eating area is nicely themed with a fountain in the middle. It is in behind and to the side of the CS, right next to the entrance to Kali.

One word of note, DW and DD were both :sick: later that day and the next, causing us to cancel Teppan Edo for dinner that night :(. We suspect it was the egg roll they shared at lunch at Y&Y.

Regardless, we would likely eat there again.

PetefromRI
02-05-2008, 10:56 AM
I had the fried rice and even though I've had better it still wasn't bad and I'd go again.Good portions and a decent price.I think I paid 3.99 for it.

sillyolbear
02-05-2008, 04:54 PM
Ate there in December and thought it was a nice addition with generous portions and fairly decent food.