PDA

View Full Version : Is the Concourse still open??

ldc12377
01-29-2008, 12:39 PM
I have heard rumors that the Concourse Steakhouse was closing. Does anyone know if this has happened or when/if it will happen? We ate there on both of our trips last year and fell in love with this place. The food was great, the servers were great, and on our second trip we were told that you rarely need an ADR. Maybe that is way it is closing but for us it was great to have some place that we could just go to when we were ready to eat instead of planning when we would be hungry 180 days in advance. Does anyone have an update about this "diamond in the rough"?

Figment!
01-29-2008, 12:43 PM
From Contemporary Resort Restaurant Renovations (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=107969)
... the Concourse Steakhouse is scheduled for its last day of operation on May 10th, 2008. ... While it can be assumed that this closure would fall in tandem (or with in days of) the opening of The Wave, it has yet to be confirmed.

ldc12377
01-29-2008, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the information, Figment! but I'm really sad to hear that. We had some not so great dining experience on one of our trips but this place really made up for it. Has anyone heard what the new restuarant will be like?

samefay
01-29-2008, 01:26 PM
on Tuesday the 22nd. It was one of our least favorite meals and the first time we tried the Concourse. It may have been better had I ordered something else. I had the braised rib. The grits that it sat on were good though.
Also, the server tried charging us double on the light up drinks - not a big deal once corrected though.

ginger19
01-29-2008, 01:31 PM
We had an excellent meal there on the 19. I'm very picky and liked just about everything we had. I thought the lobster bisque lacked flavor but my tenderloin and DH's buffalo were fantastic.
We over heard the waiter telling the next table that they were closing in May and the entire area was being redone but he didn't know spefically what would be there.

#1donaldfan
01-29-2008, 05:21 PM
Concourse has been one of our favs.....we're very sorry to hear it's on it's way out.....hopefully, hopefully, hopefully it'll hang in there for our Aug trip....please, please, please.......!!!!!!!!!!