PDA

View Full Version : Any good comments on Sci-Fi?

ncrohrs
01-29-2008, 11:25 AM
Hello!

We have a ressie for lunch at Sci-Fi. However, I don't think I have yet to hear about any positive experiences here (food-wise). I know the theming is wonderful but is the food really that bad? Is lunch better than dinner?

I'd hate to have a really bad meal just to sit in a car, but we have 3 kids who I am sure would get a kick out of it. Any advice is appreciated!

Nicole :mickey:
Poly in 12 days!!!

ChipnDaleGal
01-29-2008, 12:11 PM
My daughter and I have eaten there many, many times and the food has always been very good. It is one of our very favorite places to go for a burger, onion rings and a shake in all of WDW! :thumbsup:

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
01-29-2008, 12:17 PM
It certainly is not a signature meal experience, but on past trips the food for us has always been pretty good. I wouldn't hesitate to eat there again.

Mickey'sGirl
01-29-2008, 12:17 PM
We never miss the Sci-Fi. WE love the Reubens and the burgers and the onion rings. We have ALWAYS had stellar service and really enjoy our meals there. I give it the old :thumbsup:.

Hayden's Dad
01-29-2008, 12:26 PM
We love the SciFi. It is a must do for us. The atmosphere is wonderful and the movies that spin across are fun.

tinksmom02
01-29-2008, 12:30 PM
We ate at the Sci-Fi in September. We opted to pay OOP and just got soup, chili, o-rings, etc. The BLT soup was great, Jenna's mac and cheese meal was great, Mark said the chili wasn't very good. But the atmosphere more than made up for it...I would probably return for a lunch or snacks again...

ldc12377
01-29-2008, 12:34 PM
We ate at Sci-Fi in May '07. It was one of our best meals. Our server was great and the food was very good. We had a lot of so-so meals on that trip but this one was excellent. I would say go for it !!!

disneymom15
01-29-2008, 12:39 PM
We've eaten there several times. I think I like the lunch menu better than the dinner menu. I had one of their salads and it was very good.

1goofyfamily
01-29-2008, 12:40 PM
We've ate here twice and have had no complaints. Our kids love it though it is hard to get them to eat when they are watching corny movies. Grandma and Grandpa always pretend to be making out in the back seat of the car to gross them out too which is always funny.

Tygger7
01-29-2008, 12:56 PM
We never miss the Sci-Fi. WE love the Reubens and the burgers and the onion rings. We have ALWAYS had stellar service and really enjoy our meals there. I give it the old :thumbsup:.

Ditto for us. We've had lunch and dinner there, and it's one of our "must do's" on every trip. Hamburgers and shakes are really good too. And, the movie clips are priceless.

bleukarma
01-29-2008, 01:02 PM
I really enjoyed their spinach dip, it's some of the best I've had. :thumbsup:

Wrigley
01-29-2008, 01:05 PM
We have eaten at Sci-Fi several times and have NEVER been disappointed. Our meals and service have always been wonderful. We have decided that this is a must-do on every trip from now on. I hope you enjoy your meal!!:mickey:

NJGIRL
01-29-2008, 01:21 PM
We love it!!!!!!!!! We eat there each trip and have NEVER had a bad meal:thumbsup: We just don't get snacks we get a full meal and it has always been good.

Nascfan
01-29-2008, 01:22 PM
Echoing others on this thread, we've found the food to be very palatable there. We had the typical burgers and such, they were quite good and plenty to eat.

Goofeygal
01-29-2008, 01:22 PM
We have eaten at Sci Fi several times and have always enjoyed it. The atmosphere is wonderful the food is very good, not excptional but not disappointing at all.

lightyearfan
01-29-2008, 01:57 PM
well i know that there is allot of bad reviews, but i must say that me and dw have been to the Sci-Fi 3 times now, and all 3 times we never had a bad experince, service and food wise. i'm the type of guy that if i dont like something i wont eat it and i'll never go back alla Mama Melrose , so go and enjoy

Victor

jwildflower1981
01-29-2008, 02:05 PM
Of course the theaming is wonderful, and the food is pretty good too. It's not my DH's favorite, so it'll probally be a while before we go back,. I loved the burgers and the O rings. I'd give it a :thumbsup:. If you have kids they'll love it.

ncrohrs
01-29-2008, 02:47 PM
Thanks everyone! Sounds like a great choice for us, my DH and I love burgers, O-rings, and shakes, so we would probably go for that kind of stuff there! Nice to know it has good reviews too, guess its just always the bad that jump out at you! It sounds like a blast, I can't wait to try it!!!

Nicole

Jillirose
01-29-2008, 07:25 PM
Sci-Fi is my kid's favorite! We love it too, the atmosphere can't be beat. The food is drive in fare, you can get a flavored coke!

elmjimmlm
01-29-2008, 08:34 PM
We loved it!!!! We went last summer for lunch and it was great...We sat in a "car" and it was so much fun...Our kids loved the movie clips and so did we...We will eat there again...By the way, the food was great too!!!:thumbsup:

CandleontheWater
01-29-2008, 09:14 PM
DH and I also had a good experience there for lunch in Oct. I thought my ruben was very good and the milk shakes were heavenly. We were "hitchhikers" which meant we sat in the back seat of someone else's car, which was a little odd, but overall we had a lot of fun. I'd reccomend it for lunch over dinner though, it just seems like it has a menu more geared towards lunch food.