PDA

View Full Version : How tall to ride a stroller?

applecore72
01-29-2008, 11:01 AM
Another stroller question...

We are planning a vacation in September when DDs will be 2 and 5½. We will be bringing our own stroller for the toddler, but we are thinking about renting a stroller for our oldest since we generally do a lot of walking in the parks. It will not be to sit in all the time but to rest in when her legs get tired.

Our oldest s tall for her age and would esimate that she will be around 48 inches in September. Do you think she would fit into a stroller at the DW-parks? Should we get a single or a double?

If anyone can give me advice I would be really glad. Thank you!

Michigander
01-29-2008, 11:28 AM
Believe it or not I still get a stroller and my youngest is 14. We use it to hold everything so that we are not weighted down and it saves our backs. But to your question my youngest used to sit in the stroller up untill she was 9 when her legs got tired and she fit in just fine. She was tiny in weight but her height was average for a nine year old and she had not big problem. The year she had surgery on her feet when we went, she still found long distance walking very hard on her legs and feet so we made sure to rent a stroller just incase she might need to sit and ride for a while. That's how we found out how wonderful it was just to have a stroller for all our extra stuff and it came in handy for her. She was 9 going on 10 at the time. I say go for it. We found having a stroller makes the crowd part and we moved throught the park much quicker. :thumbsup:

Janmac
01-29-2008, 10:41 PM
When our youngest two grandkids were 5 and 6 we thought they'd outgrown the strollers - for about 3 days. During the day they were fine but for evening touring they appreciated having a stroller to rest in. And, as Michigander pointed out, we sure missed having the rolling stuff carrier. Once we started renting the stroller we could bring sweaters in case of a cool evening and not have to carry them. Neither kid had any trouble fitting in the strollers.

We did know - when visiting more than one park in a day - to save our first park's receipt and present it at the second park. We did not know about a week's rental. But then we didn't think about needing a stroller, either.

Definitely a good thing to have, just in case, and reasonably enough priced if it will add to her enjoyment.

Jan