PDA

View Full Version : Trip To The World 1/10-1/20/08 Part 7

BeccaO
01-29-2008, 09:33 AM
Wednesday January 16th, this is our 6th day in the parks, and we decided to go to Animal Kingdom. Out of all 4 parks, this is our least favorite park, so we usually just allow 1 full day for this park, and if there is something we really really want to see that we missed, we will generally try to go back just for that.

We arrived at the park at approx. 10 am. DD7 was bugging us since we had arrived at WDW to do It's Tough To Be a Bug, so that is where we went 1st. We walked right in without a wait. This was another episode of trying to keep 3D glasses on a 13 month old. I didn't even try, he just sat on my lap and kept trying to pull my glasses and everyone elses off their faces!!!! ;) It was still a good time.

After this we walked over to Expedition Everest and met up with the rest of my family. My husband and my nephew did EE while the rest of us just hung out till they were done. My husband is a huge Roller Coaster fan, and he thought this one was hyped up a little too much. He said it really didn't go that fast and he was not impressed.

After this we decided to head over and see how long the wait was for Kilimanjaro Safari. It was 50 minutes and no FP's were being given out that day. There seemed to be an awful lot of people at this park today and it was getting really frustrating. We decided to walk through where they have the other animals. After this we checked the wait for Kilimanjaro again and not it was up to 60 minutes!!! We then decided to grab a bite for lunch. We went over to Pizzafari and grabbed a bite. This was a pretty good CS option. I had the Italian sandwich and it was excellent. After this we decided to check the wait at Kilimanjaro again and it was still 60 minutes. We decided to take the train to Rafikis Planet. This was nice for the kids to get to pet the animals and interact with them. We didn't get here till around 3:30-4:00 so, there wasn't a whole lot going on inside as far as the vets and stuff. We did get to see Jimminy Cricket and Pocohontas with virtually nobody else around!!! Jimminy Cricket is one that I have never seen in all my trips to WDW.

After returning from the train ride to Rafikis we checked the wait at Kilimanjaro and there was no wait!!!! We walked right on!!!! Since it was almost 5:00, we did not get see that many animals, we did get to see a few, but not as many as I would have liked. I also forgot to mention that we did get to walk through and see the gorillas at some point during our day, but they were very hard to see when we were through, this is always my favorite part. We have made trips back in the past just to see the gorillas.

After the safari, we decided to call it a day. We headed back to the GF and relaxed.

My final thoughts on this park is that it is lacking something. It's kind of strange and I can't put my finger on it. All the other parks we go back more than 1 day, several days to be exact, but this park doesn't offer much for us to spend the time there. Maybe I will change my views about this one in the future.

faline
01-29-2008, 12:10 PM
It doesn't seem that you got to any of the shows at Animal Kingdom. Have you tried them?

BeccaO
01-29-2008, 12:58 PM
When we were down in 2006, my sister talked us into going to see the Festival of the Lion King and we really didn't enjoy it. I know everybody raves about it, but we just didn't like it. I thought it was a little too overwhelming.

We also saw the Flights of Wonder show and we loved that, we weren't able to see it this time when we were down. I would recomend this show for other people to see.

Jeff
01-29-2008, 01:08 PM
. We did get to see Jimminy Cricket and Pocohontas with virtually nobody else around!!! Jimminy Cricket is one that I have never seen in all my trips to WDW.

I have never seen Jimminy. That would be cool.

Thanks for the report.:thumbsup:

dolphinmickey9170
01-29-2008, 09:57 PM
Jiminy is so cool. We got to see him in December. How about FOTLK? I love this show!:mickey:

pdrlkr
01-30-2008, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

RedheadWriter
01-30-2008, 04:03 PM
Jiminy! Somewhere I have a shot with him from years ago. Great report!:mickey:

disneymother
02-06-2008, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the report , I am really enjoying it!:mickey:

Bethis26fan
02-07-2008, 02:26 PM
Thanks for sharing. I agree with your DH about EE, I didn't think it was as good as it could have been.

DizNee143
02-07-2008, 04:41 PM
im with you about animal kingdom..it derserves one day if that...the last three times ive been disney i have skipped it all together...i dunno what it is about that park but a lot of people feel this way..anyways..another good day for you and your family!! :mickey: