PDA

View Full Version : Biergarten-Can we just walk in?

rubato
01-29-2008, 08:56 AM
I've made ADRs for all but one night. We'll be in Epcot all day. I was planning to just wing it because, even though I'm a planner, I'd like one day off from it. Plus, it's really hard to say when we'll be hungry. At this time of year (we leave in 2 days), can we just walk in to the Biergarten? What if we went at an odd time, like 4 or 5? We ate at the Biergarten last time and loved it (German heritage and all ;)). Thanks for responses!

SBETigg
01-29-2008, 09:19 AM
When I was there in August, we were late for our ADR due to luggage issues and we worried we would lose our spot. I called dining and was told there was no way they could fit us in. The GF concierge called back for us and got us a later time. We were so relieved.

And then we got there and they were taking walk-ins. Two separate parties were being seated when we arrived, both without prior ADRs. So I think you have a good shot. It's worth a gamble as long as you're willing to risk ending up with counter service in case it fails. Best wishes with it.

May524
01-29-2008, 10:49 AM
On our last trip there was a LONG line to even check in at Biergarten. I would try to make an ADR even if that day just to play it safe.

BigBaloo
01-30-2008, 04:42 PM
Walking into the Biergarten is never a problem, it's walking out I have trouble with!!!! :beer::rotfl:

Jared
01-30-2008, 06:35 PM
With the advent and increasing popularity of the Disney Dining Plan, it's becoming harder to predict the availability of reservations at every restaurant, let alone the possibility of securing a table without one.

But at this time of year, when the parks are generally uncrowded, you should be able to have dinner at Biergarten Restaurant, especially if you're willing to eat outside of the prime dining hours. When you're hungry, give your name to the Cast Member at the podium and be prepared to wait. You won't be seated right away, but I doubt you'll be turned away.

Keep in mind, when I was in Epcot in October, I saw at least five or six families without a reservation completely denied at Les Chefs de France.

DarbyB
01-31-2008, 12:00 AM
I was told by a CM that as long as I had an ADR in the system, then even if we were late it would be honored.

As we like to say at the Biergarten... Tiki Tocky Tiki Tocky Oy Oy Oy!!!!!!

DarbyB

garymacd
01-31-2008, 12:16 PM
Walking into the Biergarten is never a problem, it's walking out I have trouble with!!!! :beer::rotfl:

Absolutely! We walked in with a party of eight and sat right down.

Then, I won the yodelling contest.....:beer::blush: