PDA

View Full Version : Magical Journeys?

Princess2BsMom
01-29-2008, 02:02 AM
I was planning on booking my ressies through WDW myself, until I started reading up on this site. Now I am thinking Magical Journeys!:confused: What all do they do for you? How much do they charge? Do they make your ADRs or do you still have to do that? Thanks!

mrsgaribaldi
01-29-2008, 05:07 AM
Welcome to Intercot :wave:

DH started using them 3 or 4 trips ago. There is no charge. I don't know about the ADRs, sorry. I know that Magical Journeys is really great:thumbsup:

If you click on the link at the upper left of the message board it will take you to the Magical Journeys web site.

Cindy'smom
01-29-2008, 06:18 AM
Another vote for Magical Journeys! Really! I'm a die hard do it your self vacation planner. Planning is half the fun for me. However, I just don't have the time to check for deals, etc as often as I used to. I tried MJ for the first time last year. Wendy was great! And they let you know if you could get a better deal booking differently, or contact you if something better comes out so you can rebook. And for FREE! Its a no brainer for me. Using Wendy again for our upcoming February trip. MJ is also a great way to compare prices if you are considering different resorts, different ticket structures, etc. I would definately use MJ. You will need to make your own ADRs I believe. That is fine. It is easier to do yourself. Have a great time!!:mickey:

Briansmom
01-29-2008, 07:33 AM
:welcome:

Wendy at Magical Journeys has been GREAT! :number1: I have been to WDW many, many times, but this is the first time we have been able to take our DS9 (he has autism). So I thought I'd give them a try as I need this trip to be the best and least stressful it can be. All I can say is that Wendy has the patience of a saint. No matter what I ask her, she is johnny-on-the-spot with an answer. When I made the reservation and put the deposit down, she spent quite a long time on the phone with me giving me ideas, do's and don't's, etc. She will be handling all special requests that we have because of our son's condition, which in itself is awesome. I wouldn't do it any other way from now on. They are the best for making your vacation plans if you are staying onsite. And the best part.....it doesn't cost YOU a thing!:dance:
You will still have to make your ADR's but I have changed my mind so many times, there is no way I would ask anyone else to do that for me anyway!!
Good luck!

sillyolbear
01-29-2008, 08:05 AM
I wouldn't hesitate to use Magical Journeys. They are awesome!

You probably want to make your own ADRs as often decisions have to be made regarding alternate times other than your first choice and even alternate restaurants if what you want is booked.

Strmchsr
01-29-2008, 08:14 AM
To break it down simply:

1.) Magical Journeys handles all of your booking arrangements with the exception of ADRs.
2.) They do not charge you anything. They are paid commission from Disney.
3.) They are extremely knowledgeable and provide you 1 person as a point of contact throughout your entire trip planning process as opposed to the random CM you get when you call Disney. With calling yourself you may get a great CM or a new trainee. You just never know. This way you have 1 person who knows your needs and can answer all of your questions.
4.) MJ keeps a close watch for all specials and discounts. If one is released for your time period they will automatically update your reservation to save you money. You don't have to do a thing.

I've used MJ twice and wouldn't think of doing it any other way now.

faline
01-29-2008, 08:28 AM
4.) MJ keeps a close watch for all specials and discounts. If one is released for your time period they will automatically update your reservation to save you money. You don't have to do a thing.

This is SUCH a wonderful part of their service! Most travel agents do not go back and make changes to your reservations that will benefit you financially. Once you're booked, they often barely give you another thought until it's time to get your travel documents to you. Magical Journeys (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/), on the other hand continues to monitor your reservation for ways to save you money!

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-10-2008, 04:07 PM
A few questions:

I'm trying to see if I can afford to do a Disney trip. Can I get a price quote even if I'm not sure I can afford to go to Disney while I'm in Orlando? I do understand that they work on commission...my mother was a travel agent for years. If I received a quote and was going to book....I'd book with them.
Let me make sure I understand this...if I book now MJ will continue to look for better deals. They will rebook if they find one? How close to your vacation will they do this?
What if I decide to change from MYWP to AP? Can they get the AP discounts too?

Tink1
02-10-2008, 05:19 PM
A few questions:

I'm trying to see if I can afford to do a Disney trip. Can I get a price quote even if I'm not sure I can afford to go to Disney while I'm in Orlando? I do understand that they work on commission...my mother was a travel agent for years. If I received a quote and was going to book....I'd book with them.
Let me make sure I understand this...if I book now MJ will continue to look for better deals. They will rebook if they find one? How close to your vacation will they do this?
What if I decide to change from MYWP to AP? Can they get the AP discounts too?

1. Yes! We just get really frustrated when we get "used". People that have no intention of booking with us, that ask for quotes (over and over) just to save them from having to call. For pricing because you are not sure if you can swing it, or if airfare will co-operate is fine.

2. We keep checking until you check into the resort. If a better deal comes up, and your resort is available we switch you. If your resort is not available, we tell you what is and let you make the decision.

3. Yes we can book AP rates, PIN codes, AAA room only. We can book everything EXCEPT a AAA package. AAA has those locked up.

Nanc

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-10-2008, 05:34 PM
1. Yes! We just get really frustrated when we get "used". People that have no intention of booking with us, that ask for quotes (over and over) just to save them from having to call. For pricing because you are not sure if you can swing it, or if airfare will co-operate is fine.

2. We keep checking until you check into the resort. If a better deal comes up, and your resort is available we switch you. If your resort is not available, we tell you what is and let you make the decision.

3. Yes we can book AP rates, PIN codes, AAA room only. We can book everything EXCEPT a AAA package. AAA has those locked up.

Nanc

WOW! This is great. I don't have AAA so that doesn't effect me. I would never get assistance from a travel agent and not use them. My mom was a TA for over 15 years so I know how hard you guys work. I saw on the form it asks if you have a preferred agent. I'll make sure I ask for you. Thank you so much for clearing everything up for me.:wave: