PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood Brown Derby -- kid friendly?

Princess2BsMom
01-29-2008, 01:44 AM
Trying to pick out where to make my ADRs at. We will be traveling with one child (4 years) and 3 adults. Planning on using the DDP. Is Hollywood Brown Derby a kid friendly place? What is the dress code for it? Thanks for any help!:thumbsup:

Raye3201
01-29-2008, 02:16 AM
I didn't find it kid-friendly when we ate there 2 years ago - I would recommend another restaurant at which to eat. Although the food was good, the service was mediocre and our children were very bored. The atmosphere is more adult-oriented. :mickey:

TexasPrincessAurora
01-29-2008, 05:31 AM
It just depends on your child. If they are used to dining out at sit down restaurants they will do fine. We took DS when he was 2 and he did fine. It is a bit longer of a dining experience than most other in park dining. The dress code is no different really than what you would see anywhere in the theme park. I always thought that was quite funny...seeing this elegant restaurant with everyone in their park clothes.

SBETigg
01-29-2008, 06:18 AM
I thought it was a great place for kids. Mine really liked it, but they were older at the time and not dining on children's menu. Still, it's bright, comfortable and lovely with the occasional Streetmosphere character stopping in to make a scene (not always, but sometimes). We had great service and we all loved the food. It's in a theme park, so it is very accommodating to families with children and you see quite a few of them in there.

Would the four-year-old prefer dinner with characters at Hollywood and Vine with a sundae bar? Probably. But I hate to think of the adults suffering through that experience. Not good. Hollywood Brown Derby is a choice that should please the entire party, child included.