PDA

View Full Version : Photopass questions

5Megadisfans
01-28-2008, 09:34 PM
I am confused about what the photopass is. We have the 20% off email to buy the pass. What exactly do you get for that? A CD and you can make prints anywhere you want from it? Do you buy pics thru the photopass website only? A bit confused on this......
THanks

DisneyDudet
01-28-2008, 11:12 PM
There is no fee for the pass itself. You get a card at the first Photopass CM you see. They will take your picture and scan your card. You take this card to every PP CM you want your picture taken at. I would write down the number or take a picture of it, in case the card is lost, you can retrieve the pictures later, getting another card with another cm. If you lose it, I would go to the photo center at any park and have them go ahead and put the pictures on your new card.

You can order the pictures directly from the Photopass Website, or you can have other options. You can make a video of it, make a memory book you put together, etc.

We like to buy the CD. This way, you can go have the pictures made at any place you want, in any size you'd like. You can also post them on the internet quickly. We spent about the same amount the first time we used PP just buying the pictures we liked. We buy the CD now, editing and adding borders and other things to the pictures before purchasing.

You can use that 20% off buying the pictures, or preorder the CD at a discount.

Its a great service!

FlaTinkRAMESAM
01-29-2008, 12:10 AM
agreed... the cd has been awesome. i really got to just enjoy my daughter with the characters and what not instead of worrying about taking pictures. plus, let the PP CMs know you preordered the CD and they are typically very generous with the shots and different styles of shots. We even found a random PP CM on Main Street and he took a ton of candid shots of DD in her Aurora dress just after BBB. She was twirling and just having a wonderful time and he was able to capture it perfectly for me.

With edits and only 1/2 way through my pictures, I have over 700 photos from a 4 night trip... WELL worth it!

faline
01-29-2008, 08:06 AM
There are Disney photographers positioned in various places throughout the parks. You'll notice them by their distinctive dress and the cameras they carry. Just stop at one and ask them to take your picture. Each time you do this, they'll add your picture to a file set up for just you and your family. This is tracked via a card you are given by the first photopass photographer you encounter. At the end of your trip, you can get the CD with all the photos taken during your trip by the Photopass photographers.

tinksmom02
01-29-2008, 01:07 PM
We preordered the CD before our last trip and got a lot of use out of the photographers! LOL Your options, after you return home and enter your photopass # on the website, are to buy the CD, and/or order prints, books, etc. If you purchase the CD you are givent he copyright release and can then take the CD anywhere and have prints made. You can order prints on the photopass website, but they are expensive and I think the smallest size they offer is 5x7.

The prepurchase of the Cd was $100 as opposed to the regular price of $125, and they offer a complete refund if you're not satisfied with your photopass pictures.

Verolovesdisney
01-29-2008, 03:07 PM
Hello!

Where can you actually pre-order the CD? I'm on the photo pass website right now, and have signed up, but cannot find the pre-order anywhere.

Thanks!

Richard

--------------------------------------------------
Sep/1976 - Offsite
Sep/1999 - ASmovies (Honeymoon)
Jan/2001 - ASmusic
Sep/2004 - Pop Century
Feb/2006 - Disneyland
Feb/2007 - Universal Studios FL
Feb/2008 - Pop Century

DisneyDudet
01-30-2008, 03:57 AM
Go here (http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitcdplan.aspx) and read up on it, and follow the directions. Its really easy once you read it all!

FYI, I would save and print out all emails from the Photopass website. You will be given a code after you pre-purchase your CD. Once you get home from your trip and add all the things to your pictures, you will add the PP CD to you cart, then enter the code. This will make make it like you got it for free, except you paid for it before hand.

Sorry if that was confusing... just don't lose any emails with that code!