PDA

View Full Version : Emma's Birthday Extravaganza Day 4

FlaTinkRAMESAM
01-28-2008, 09:18 PM
Same Cast, Same Location
Thursday, January 24

Sadness is setting in. Last full day. But Uncle Brad and Aunt Meg were getting to spend time at our Happy Place with us, so nothing could be better!

We set the wake up for 7:40 and I put it on speaker (hehehehe) so that everyone could hear it. But, in all fairness, it was BJ's suggestion. I had a pillow thrown at me, but it was all in good fun. We all woke up and worked on getting ready. We were taking the bus with el coche as backup. We got to the bus stop around 8:45 and the line was a bit long but we decided to wait anyways. Just for convenience.

Okay, here is a rant. Ignore it if you don't want to hear this part... But I don't understand why those in wheelchairs and scooters are given priority along with their overly large parties... I understand the convenience and I am not trying to be whiny and rude or insensitive or whatever, but we had to wait for 3 buses to load before we were able to get on the 4th... That just seems nuts to me that completely empty buses filled that quickly because someone is able to jump in the front of the line with their entire party. Where we started in line, it should've taken no more than the 2nd bus for us to get on... I mean, it is one thing if it is like, a party of 5 accompanying someone. But these were very large groups. We counted one group was 16 people.

Okay, sorry.

We got on a bus and headed to AK. It looked pretty uncrowded but the lines to get in were pretty long. But Pocahontas was out and Emmy was very excited to get to see her (she again told her that her name was Aurora...she was all dressed up and her hair was still up).

We got in the park and we headed straight for the Kilimanjaro Safari fastpass. We got them, then headed for Rafiki's Planet Watch. Couple of characters were out again. Got a cute picture of her with Jiminy Cricket.

So then we decide to go outside to do the little petting zoo thing. I asked the lady at the entrance if she thought her costume would be a problem. She told me it might be. So I said to BJ and Meg "let me change her really quick." Before heading to the bathroom I went to sit down to put my camera back in my bag so that I could hold Emma's hand. But what do I hear coming from the CM??? "DO NOT CHANGE HER OUT HERE." I turned around and looked at her like, are you serious? Again, she says "you need to change her in the bathroom." Okay, now I am really upset. I looked at her and said "yeah, I'm not going to change her out here. Why would I?" her reply: "she shouldn't be undressed out here." me: "I had no intention of changing her outside. Am I allowed to put some things away on this bench before I take my daughter inside to a bathroom to change her? Do I look like I would just strip my 3 year old down naked in the middle of Disney?" I was sooo ticked off. As a very young single mom, I get a lot of looks and flack from people. Disney is one place I really don't expect that kind of treatment. I started crying because I was so mad. I am just glad when I got out of the bathroom it was a different CM manning the gate. I hate it being insinuated that I would do something foolish or tacky like that... UGH!

So she pet the goats. And the sheep... and one got in her face and freaked her out, but it was pretty funny afterwards. One of the workers took her to pet some of the sheep that were a little less "in your face" if you will...lol it was sweet the one on one time they gave her to make her not so skiddish after the one baad in her face.

Our fast passes were ready to be used, so we headed back and hoped on the Safari. Meg and Beej had never been on it and we got some great shots of very close giraffes. I was glad the ride was so great for them.

Then we went to the Festival of the Lion King. Emma loves the jumping monkeys. She says they are her monkeys.

Then we ate at Pizzafari. Emmy enjoyed her pizza and I looooved the Italian sandwich thingy. YUUUUM.

We saw Lilo and Stich afterwards and the very sweet handler gave Emmy a Tink dream pin for her birthday. Lilo wrote Happy Birthday on her scrapbook page, so it was extra special.

We headed back to the hotel for what was supposed to be a nap. But we ended up swimming in the (FINALLY) reopened pool. Water=cold after having not been in operation for 2 days. Emma turned blue and me and Meg froze. But we had a blast. Emmy loved the Mickey fountain.

We headed for Epcot a little later, only to have rain drops begin to fall, lightly at first and then it finally let up... The one day I don't pack our ponchos it rains. AGH. We did SSE, Meg had never been to Epcot, so she didn't understand the changes, but BJ did and really enjoyed it. Emmy and I then ran over to character connection, thinking it was open until 6... nope, 5:30 and it was 5:32. AGH. Not a happy camper. She was very upset she didn't get to see Mickey and friends... so we headed over to the pin station to wait for BJ and Meg who were riding TT. She was crying and very upset and one of the CMs gave her another Tink dream pin (in a different color than the earlier one). She was happy again! yay!!! lol

We wanted to try to catch Jasmine, Aladdin, and Genie at least and when we got to Morocco, they had just opened the line for them, except Jasmine wasn't coming out again that night. Failure again. But she saw Aladdin and Genie so she kinda forgot. Especially when I explained to her that we would come tomorrow and see Mickey and all them and see Jasmine.

By this time, the rain was really coming down... I stole trash bags from Italy. Emma fell asleep in her stroller and I covered the stroller with one of the bags (w/ ample holes for air). She woke up about 15 minutes later. Yay for power naps!

We headed back to Future World and rode Nemo before it closed. She loves that ride and tonight it cracked me up when I pretened to be scared of the dark part and she goes "It's not real mom." HAHAHA! Loved it.

We met back up with BJ and Meg who, in a 2 hour period had done TT, M:S, Soarin' and the boat ride thingy through the land stuff. I was like, some people take full days to do that stuff! We decided not to wait around for Illuminations because of the rain and chill. But I was going to meet the other Rachel (RedheadWriter) in front of SSE before heading back to the hotel. We got a picture together. It was so nice to get to meet a fellow Intercotee! Rachel was very sweet. Thank-you for meeting up with me!

Back to the hotel and we all decided to swim again, despite the fact that it was like, 60* outside, rainy, and the water wasn't all that warm. We were in about 10 minutes when a 3 inch water bug was on Emma's swimsuit and we all freaked out...especially when we couldn't find it after we knocked it off Emma...lol

We went back in and watched some TV and packed. We decided to sleep in tomorrow and take it easy. I had called earlier for a late checkout and got it, so we didn't have to clear out until 1. We had planned to go do DHS in the AM and then Epcot tomorrow night anyways, and then we realized it was evening EMH for Epcot, so that made us not so rushed in the morning.

Hair_Razor
01-28-2008, 10:09 PM
Sounds a fun busy day! I was a young single mom too I know what you mean :mad:!(Still a mom not single:D) It was rare when I would get the comments or looks, but it's so annoying. I honestly think that when I was a younger and it was just my son and I, I was a lot more strict and now that I am older and have two I'm much more lenient. You just gotta brush your shoulder off!:rolleyes:

faline
01-29-2008, 11:23 AM
Personally, I don't have an issue with those in wheelchairs and their parties boarding busses first. If ever you have needed to deal with a disbility (even temporarily), you'll find that you lose a lot of ground compared to what can be covered by those who are able-bodied.

Sorry about the rude cast member. Do remember, however, that many folks are inconsiderate and I would bet that cast member has come across more than one parent disrobing a child in a public place. Unfortunately, the cast member did not wait to see if you would be guilty of the same action.

Overall, you still had a wonderful day to share with your child and those who are important to you!

Thanks for your report!

dolphinmickey9170
01-29-2008, 09:46 PM
Even though you had a couple speed bumps in the road, it sounds like a wonderful day. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

pdrlkr
01-30-2008, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

RedheadWriter
01-30-2008, 04:06 PM
Flatinkramesam wrote:
But I was going to meet the other Rachel (RedheadWriter) in front of SSE before heading back to the hotel. We got a picture together. It was so nice to get to meet a fellow Intercotee! Rachel was very sweet. Thank-you for meeting up with me!

It was my pleasure to meet you! Thank you for your compliments. I am ooking forwrd to many more meets in the parks in the future. It was such fun to plan this!!! BTW, for anyone interested, our pic is in my photo thread.