PDA

View Full Version : Year of a million dreams?

togirl
01-28-2008, 03:00 PM
I postd some questions in my other post but didnt get too much info. We were at disney oct 2006. I am considering going in november for super soap weekend, probably for 10-14 nights. I was disappointed when I heard the year of a million dreams was extended, because if we went again, were hoping to see new shows and parades. I know there is that new block party, nemo show, but the castle shows and the rest look like the same, is there a chance on that changing? or should I wait until nov 2009? cant do both.

laughingplace<3
01-28-2008, 03:23 PM
Toy Story Mania, a new attraction, will be in DS. Depending on when you're going in November, you could see the christmas decorations too. :mickey:

Strmchsr
01-28-2008, 04:16 PM
YOMD runs through the end of 2008. There's no telling whether or not it will go for a 3rd year or change to something different. With all they went through the change everything over for YOMD I doubt parades/castle shows will change much even if the promotion does. There's plenty new to see this year.

togirl
01-29-2008, 08:44 PM
normally how often do they change shows and events. We were there for 15 day and did everything mulitple times at magic kingdom. What we had left was just at mgm indiana show, the new nemo ride and show, monster ride and this block party. We got to do the pirate show, sleeping beauty interaction by the castle, high school musical pep really, we did them more than once! If It wasent for the super soap event, I wouldnt consider it, as big expense for a single parents, but I always dreamed of meeting the soap stars i've watched since I was a child. So this trip will be for both of us this time. Is there any other new stuff I havent heard of? What I am worried about is that the soap event is so crazy that I would not get to meet any of the stars. We will not be able to go before 7-8 am, as I have the pain meds make me tired. Does this mean I have no hope of meeting the stars. Is the crowds for the soap star shows so crazy that my daughter and I will not be able to see the stage. I know several of you must of gone for soap weekend please help!!! lol

togirl
01-29-2008, 08:46 PM
oh and I forgot to say. When a guest comes for the soap weekend but are not physically able to stand in lines for hours so early, do they ever help with that? I never used my medical issues before even though i was so sick and was difficult to make it through the day. It just is a huge expense for the trip and my worry is not being able to enjoy the soap weekend.

CandleontheWater
01-29-2008, 09:24 PM
I don't know much about Super Soap weekend, but I will suggest posting your inquiry about special assistance in the Guests with Special needs forum. I know that Disney works really hard to work with guests around any health related problems they may have,so I'm sure they must have some protocal in place for guests who cannot stand in line for extended periods. I know that you can get a GAC (Guest Assistance Card), that will outline your personal needs (i.e. needs to wait seated), but I do not have any personal experience using them. I hope that you can find someone to help and that you have a great trip.