PDA

View Full Version : E-Ride night or EMH?

dteed
01-28-2008, 02:44 PM
I remember the e-ride nights and loved them even though you had to pay extra for them. EMH seems to create more crowds in the park. For those of you that remember the e-ride night how would you prefer it? EMH or E-ride?

BigRedDad
01-28-2008, 02:50 PM
I loved E-Ride nights. I loved paying the extra money for it. Crowds were low, lines short, and you could literally walk onto all rides. I remember the longest wait was at Buzz Lightyear. It was 15 minutes due to the ride breaking down. That was the worst. I think EMH opens the gates to 10's of thousands of more people and makes it not much different than in the day.

Jeff
01-28-2008, 02:52 PM
E-ride nights were great.:thumbsup:
Worth the money and low crowds even at the busy times of the year.

May524
01-28-2008, 03:28 PM
I liked the E-Ride nights! The lines were VERY minimal and I even remember going on splash mountain 3x in a row...it was a lot of fun! Now, you can barely even tell when it's EMH in the parks :(

dizneeat
01-28-2008, 03:49 PM
I LOVED E-ride nights!!!!!!! Really short lines and nearly no people in the parks around closing time! I remember riding BTM 7 times in a row without having to get off!!!
Those were the days!!

WishingStar2006
01-28-2008, 04:32 PM
E-Ride Nights for sure!!!!!!!!! EMH's are even more crowded than the day time....not worth staying up that late to stand in line for an hour.

E-Ride nights were GREAT!!!!!!!!!

Can we start a petition?

jwildflower1981
01-28-2008, 04:46 PM
Please forgive my ignorance, but I keep hearing about E-Rides, what are they? I know what the EMH are, but not E-Rides. Thanks for an explanation.:mickey:

DizneyRox
01-28-2008, 04:55 PM
An"E-Ride" or E-Ticket attraction goes back to when Disneyland opened. They used tickets for rides, going from a A-Ticket to an E-Ticket. Each ticket cost money, A being the lowest cost and E being the most.

E-Ticket attractions were the big rides. Today, a ride like EE, Dinosaur, Splash Mountain, etc would be E-Ticket attractions.

E-Ride Nights is a take on that, meaning nights that the "big" rides are open. Many of the smaller less popular rides are not necessarily open on those night.

Now, the question, personally I would prefer the E-Ride nights, only if they open them to the other parks. One thing I didn't like about the E-Ride Nights is that it was always/only Magic Kingdom.

RoosMomKanga
01-28-2008, 05:02 PM
E-Ride= $10 and I believe only available for on-site guests (I think, Last time I did it, but I've got "old-timers" according to my kids so I may be a little off) and you received a wrist band that allowed you to stay after the regular park closing (kind of like P&P is after park close now). It was no lines and even characters still walking around with no lines!

I'll be there for the first time for a late EMH on the 10th...MK-11pm-2am, but it sounds from your comments and all the comments about the Cheerleaders that will be there that day that I may have to skip this experience? Bummer.:(

jaredkari
01-28-2008, 05:04 PM
I only got to experience an E-ride night one time. It was our first trip to WDW and it was at MK. That was one of the best nights ever!!! We rode SM like ten times in the matter of about 45 minutes!! I totally agree with other post on here, EMH is totally not worth it (maybe in the morning, but not at night) the crowds are even worse than during the day. It kind of ticks me off that WDW advertises EMH as a perk, saying "you practically have the park to yourself". That is total false advertising. If we are starting a petition for E-ride nights to come back just let me know where to sign!!:mickey:

BouncingTigger
01-28-2008, 07:45 PM
I never knew they used to have E-ride nights. When you say E-ride was $10, do you mean $10 per ride per person? Because that could get pretty expensive...

If they did bring them back, I think they might have to change the name, since now anything with an e- prefix is assumed to be computer/internet related (e.g., email, e-commerce) When I saw "E-ride" I thought you guys were talking about some kind of electronic rides - an online game or something.

Magic Smiles
01-28-2008, 07:53 PM
I have never experienced E-ride nights but, from what I read would they not be similiar to say something like MVMCP. Pay extra, still same crowds. They sell too many tickets!
I personally enjoy the EMH, the crowds in the morning are not large IMHO, and they do thin out at night eventually. Just takes a little more planning to stay awake.

dteed
01-28-2008, 08:23 PM
It was $10 per night, not per ride, but you had to have a ticket for the day.

disneyjo-91
01-28-2008, 08:53 PM
E-Ride night by far!!!! I loved it.. I would have paid $20 a person for E-Night. :secret:. The parks were EMPTY.. One time goofy rode Splash mountain with us.. ! It was awesome!
Boy i miss those days!! I wish they would bring it back...

Mickey91
01-28-2008, 09:28 PM
EMH. E-ride nights made the parks close too early. When you come down for a special day at WDW and find out that the only night you have is being cut short it is very frustrating considering you paid full price for your ticket. This can also be said of the parties but at least they are announced months in advanced and you can kind of plan around them. EMH are after the normal park closing or before the normal opening and do not interfere with anyone else's fun.

#1donaldfan
01-28-2008, 09:37 PM
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERIDE !!!!!!!!

EMH is so busy........it's all we have and I'll take it, but I'd love to pay a nominal fee to ride virtually uninterrupted......PLEASE bring it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:micke y:

IloveDisney71
01-28-2008, 09:48 PM
I LOVED E-RIDE nights! I didn't mind paying the extra amount to basically have the parks to yourselves. Even in June the crowds were SO low we rode Space Mt. 13 times in a row. I do enjoy EMH, but they are MUCH more crowded! If I had to choose between the two it would most definitely be E-RIDE!!!!!!!:mickey:

JPL
01-28-2008, 10:15 PM
E-RIDE

jedi jen
01-28-2008, 10:24 PM
E-ride sounds great. I never experienced it. I went when I was a kid, in high school, and in college, but I guess I did not know about this. I am wondering if they had E-rides now, if it would be the same as EMH, except we would all pay $10-20 more. If all the EMH people were willing to pay a little more, wouldn't that be the same crowds at more expense? Not trying to dampen the enthusiasm. Just wondering if there are enough of us Disney junkies, that whether it be EMH or e-rides, that we would all be there. :blush: :mickey:

wedway76
01-28-2008, 10:40 PM
NO QUESTION... E-Ride nights were WAY better than EMH!

Belle_0717
01-29-2008, 08:08 AM
I was just saying this to the family when we were there in October. E-ride nights were so much better. The $10 per person was worth it. I remember riding SM at least 3 times in a row. I think it was only open to resort guests as well but you had to pay. They had a limited number as well I think. There were less crowds and seemed like you had the MK all to yourself.

Maybe they should try E-ride nights again. Or somehow limit EMH crowds.

positive0negative
01-29-2008, 09:42 AM
I never did get to go for an E-ticket night, but I remember times there were no lines at night anyway!
Also, the thing about the E-tickets is that the supplies were much more limited so there was no choice but for the crowds to be smaller.
I was excited to hear about EMH and every time I think it will be quiet and empty. The thing that surprises me is how late people will keep little tiny kids up for the EMH! I can usually hardly make it until the nights they close at midnight. :blush:

WDWgoofy
01-29-2008, 12:57 PM
E-ride nites were GREAT! I still miss not having them.:mickey:

EMH are of no use whatsoever; other than concentrating guests in a single park allowing another park to possibly be less crowded.

sgdisney
01-29-2008, 01:18 PM
I too loved ERide nights. It was so worth the 10 bucks. The only advantage that EMH has over that is that they have it for all parks, but ERide nights were just at the MK.

thrillme
01-29-2008, 01:19 PM
This EMH is HORRIBLE. The E-Ride/E-Tickets/E-WHATEVERs (I think everybody is pretty much talking about the same thing)...
was a LOT better. The last time I used this you had to pay $12 for adults and $10 for children. It was only available to resort guests pretty much like EMH evenings. They opened a LOT of the rides after hours primarly those rides that were in big demand during the day. It was busy for about the first hour then a lot of people started to "dwindle" out.

A number of "resort" guests normally opposed spending the extra money because I guess they were "tired" anyway or their kids were and they didn't want to invest in a "maybe". Or like many "parties" if one member doesn't want to go...the whole clan doesn't go especially if it was an event they had to PAY for. Because it wasn't FREE there were a lot less people that took advantage of it. "Supposedly" they only sold so many tickets a night so it really limited the number of people in the park. Magic Kingdom was the only park participating at the time.

It didn't close any earlier than normal on those nights it just stayed open later for those who paid for the wristband. Unlike the Halloween Party it occured all year around. Also unlike the Halloween Party there were no "special" occurances during that time. It was open for RIDE purposes. If you weren't out to ride Space Mountian 10 times it probably wasn't worth it for you.

If I'm not mistaken a lot of the resturants started shutting down and you were pretty limited to ice cream and snacks.

This seemed like a nifty little revenue for Disney. I'd love for them to bring this "pay for night" and lower the price of the initial ticket.

katzctkpt
01-29-2008, 02:39 PM
E-ride most definately. But, I think I'd read a post from someone about an ultimate fp that would work about the same way just during the day. If I'm not mistaken there was like 5,000 tickets for eride and the park was open until 2 in the summer. We tried the EMH and it was just as crowded as during the day.