PDA

View Full Version : Ques about booking Dec dates

MushuGrl
01-28-2008, 10:39 AM
We've been talking about going back to Disney in December, and looks like the week we picked is the Pop Warner week. We had planned originally on staying at Pop Century, though a moderate isn't out of the question.

The problem that we're having is that the trip is still kinda up in the air due to my mother's illness (she's currently going through chemo for ovarian cancer and my sister and I are her caretakers). We're afraid to plan anything too soon as we're not sure what her situation will be...is summer way too late to book for this? Or do we need to get on it now? And if we do book now, do we have an option to cancel if, say, by summer we realize we're not going to be able to make it?

Thanks in advance!

DDuck66
01-28-2008, 11:20 AM
I would at least go ahead and book your room as Pop Warner and the Holidays in general are one of the busiest times. You should be able to cancel and get a refund as long as you cancel with at least 90 days out. I am not sure of the exact shecudule. You would not be able to make ADR's until at least six months out, so you could wait to add the tickets and or DDP later when you might know more.

disneymom15
01-28-2008, 11:21 AM
It's not to late. I booked for last Dec in Nov. We were there Dec 11-15, which I think was Pop Warner time.

Strmchsr
01-28-2008, 12:36 PM
It's not to late. I booked for last Dec in Nov. We were there Dec 11-15, which I think was Pop Warner time.

Nope. You were the week after Pop Warner.

As far as getting a room, you will still be able to do so even in the summer. If you plan on doing ADRs, do those as far in advance as possible. The only problem with waiting is the potential to miss a discount. Often (as in 2007) Disney only releases a limited number of discounted rooms, and POP is notoriously hard to get with a discount because it's become so popular. I would suggest booking when you can via Magical Journeys so that any chances will be easy to make. There is a cancellation policy that will allow you to get your money back if the situation changed this summer. I believe the package cancellation date is 45 days out with no penalty, but I would need to double-check that.

MushuGrl
01-28-2008, 02:25 PM
Thanks a TON everybody!

faline
01-28-2008, 02:34 PM
If you book a room only, you can cancel up to 5 days before your arrival. For a package, you can cancel up to 45 days (when final payment is due) before your arrival.