PDA

View Full Version : What can my boys do while we are at the tea?

mouseketeer mom
01-28-2008, 10:37 AM
I'm thinking of booking my girls and I the GF tea during our next trip. That leaves my DH and my 8 yo DS. Anything special they can do while we were at tea? I thought about the fishing excursion..it leaves from the GF at 1:30which would time good with our tea, but it seemed expensive! $225.00 for 2 hrs of fishing! Yikes! Is that worth it, or any other ideas for special time for them?

Marker
01-28-2008, 11:52 AM
DisneyQuest?

BirdsOfPreyDave
01-28-2008, 12:02 PM
Is there a Pirate cruise from GF that day? It would be just for your son, but I'm sure your husband wouldn't have any problems finding something relaxing to do by himself for a few hours.

How about waiting at the TTC for a monorail to Epcot and sit up front with the driver. (You just need to ask, but may need to wait for a few trains if others have asked ahead of you.)

If you have park tickets for the day, how about the shooting gallery in MK?

faline
01-28-2008, 12:05 PM
They could rent a sea raycer and go for a cruise of the lake.

irish1967
01-28-2008, 12:24 PM
Or you DH and DS could just go to one of the parks and hit a couple of rides together. My 8 year old loves it when he has the opportunity to "call the shots" so to speak. Not to mention having a private hour for "man talk" with Dad!

MOJoe
01-29-2008, 03:58 PM
Fishing is probably not the best idea. The sea raycer rental is better. But i have great memories taking my boys, one at a time, to do their favorites just with them. Alone time with Dad is hard to beat.

wdwnomad
01-29-2008, 10:36 PM
Sea Raycers would be cool. Not sure how adventurous they are but what about parasailing over at the Contemporary?

MOJoe
01-30-2008, 01:10 PM
Also, what about mini golf at Fantasia Gardens? My boys Love mini golf!

CzyDsneyFan
02-05-2008, 04:54 PM
I am thinking about doing the tea with my daughter while we are there in 2009. I know that my DSs enjoyed the Pirate Cruise and really want to do it again. DH and I hung out on the Boardwalk and ate a late breakfast/early lunch while they were on the cruise. It was nice.

ThanxForNoticin
02-05-2008, 08:32 PM
I agree with the Sea Raycers on the lake. They could have a blast. If they prefer something with a bit more size to it, one of the pontoon boats is great, too. While you are enjoying tea, they can pack a lunch, some drinks, and head out on the water for an hour.

Young@Heart
02-05-2008, 09:28 PM
My DH took DS's to MK and they went on all the "man rides". LOL Okay, so when DD and I came back, we did some of them over again. But I think it was fun for the boys to have guy time w/ Dad. :thumbsup: And they weren't at all jealous that DD went to the Tea Party.