PDA

View Full Version : ADR-180 Days for Non-WDW Guest?

LeeAnn
01-28-2008, 10:18 AM
I know that you can make ADR for 180 days out from your arrival and for guests for the next 10 days. I have stayed on proprty last few times.

BUT...

I'm not sure of my plans, so I have yet to book anything yet. In about 1 month time would have to make my ADR.

If I don't a Resv yet can I make ADRs? How do they would know it's 180 day out?

If I stay 1-2 nights off property but will be at WDW, can I make ADRs 180 days out.

If I don't book anything whether on or off property, can I make ADRs 180 days out.

Not looking to book Cinderella's castle or hard to get places. Looking for good dinner times (important w/ 3 small kids). Probably will not be on DDP (unless there's free dining). Does it matter if on DDP or not?

Thanks.

dolphinmickey9170
01-28-2008, 10:33 AM
We stayed off property two years ago and was asked the date we were arriving in Florida. That is what they based their 180 days on. However, I had to keep calling each day for the next days ADR's. Being on the DDP does not make a difference. However, you can't use the dining plan if you don't stay on property.

KylesMom
01-28-2008, 05:41 PM
If you don't have a Disney Room Reservation #, you can only book one days' worth of reservations at 180 days out.
If I don't a Resv yet can I make ADRs? How do they would know it's 180 day out?
If you give the date you'd like to dine - for instance July 29, and it is not 180 days out, the CM on the line will tell you that you cannot yet make a reservation for that date. Their computers automatically calculate how many days you are calling before your ADR request.

If I don't book anything whether on or off property, can I make ADRs 180 days out.
Yes, but remember, if you do not have a Disney booking confirmation number, you can only book on a per-day basis at 180 days out. If you are staying on Disney property, you can book the first day + 10 additional days of ADRs at 180 days out. :mickey: As dolphinmickey stated, being on the dining plan has no bearing on making ADRs (although they do ask if you're on a dining plan or not when you make your ressies).

Jared
01-28-2008, 06:18 PM
I will try to answer each of your questions. The Advance Dining Reservation system is complicated, and I don't fully understand all the nuances.

1. Disney's computer system automatically calculates the 180-day mark from when you're calling.

2. You can make reservations for all the days you are staying on Disney property exactly 180 days before the day you check in.

3. If you are staying on Disney property, you have to call every day to make reservations exactly 180 days from the day you're calling.

You can only book the Disney Dining Plan if you're staying on Disney property. Otherwise, it's irrelevant for the reservation process.